Umm.. Right.

Okay. I was going to get a pilot up for the new Mugabi And Destiny plugin (I dont play EV much). Evidently I went ResEdit crazy on EV at some point in the past, causing it to not work when starting it up. Among other things, the Ambrosia and EV splash screens wouldn't show.

So I go download it. 30 minutes later, I install it, delete the installer and the .bin file, and try and play it.

It's really jerky, so I take out EVula's 3d targets. Still does it.

I fiddle with the memory.

Still.

Then, I notice that there's a confed VIP Transport in LEVO. Sure. A little later, Rebel cruiser and Mantas looking like, yup, VIP transport.

Few jumps later. Corvette. And, yes, it loooks like a VIP transport.

So, after loosing my shuttle to a Pirate-Corvette-Turned-Vip-Transport-With-A-Vengance (or Strong-VIP-Transport-Turned-Pirate, if you prefer), I give up.

I've had this problem with EVO too, but that was after having it for a while. And using plugins, messing with stuff, etc. I've NEVER seen this the FIRST time I start EV up after a CLEAN install.

However, I'm pretty sure Matt said he made a fix for this bug in EVO?

Is there any chance of a fix being made for EV, or what?

-Skunks

------------------
Enginners can actually hear machines talk to them. The rattle in the car's engine teases softly, "I'll bet you can't find me." The computer hums an approving tune when the enginner writes an expecially briliant peice of computer code. The toaster says "Not yet, not yet, not yet." untill the toast pops out. An enginner who is surrounded by machines is never lonly and never judged by apperance. These are friends.

This is an error which occurs if you don't have quite enough memory. The more memory you add, the higher ID# of ship is substituted for all vessels of that or higher number.

------------------
-Jason

(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/ev_scourge/")www.geocities.com/ev_scourge/(/url)

Skunko7:
Were you playing EV with the Mugabi... plug already dropped in? It already has EVula's Target Picts built right in to the plug-in. Secondly, Mugabi... does take up a fair bit of memory. I recommend 15000K as min/pref.
Hope things work out!

------------------
Mace means no.

No, I didn't have Mugabi in.

And, I'm SURE I have plenty of ram: This computer has 104 megs of true, and no virtual.

This kind of stuff is really a 'turn off' - if it was any other game I'd just trash it.

-Skunks

------------------
Enginners can actually hear machines talk to them. The rattle in the car's engine teases softly, "I'll bet you can't find me." The computer hums an approving tune when the enginner writes an expecially briliant peice of computer code. The toaster says "Not yet, not yet, not yet." untill the toast pops out. An enginner who is surrounded by machines is never lonly and never judged by apperance. These are friends.

Originally posted by Skunko7:

...And, I'm SURE I have plenty of ram: This computer has 104 megs of true, and no virtual...

Just to belabor the obvious; it's not how much memory is installed in the computer, it's how much is allocated to the EV application. Try changing the "preferred memory" setting in the Finder. Also, did you trash your EV Preferences file before reinstalling?

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Currently, EV has...25 some megs of ram for it. For a game that's said to work with 6, I think that's plenty.

And, no, I didn't trash the prefs then because:
It's not the logical thing to do - the prefs dont, in my mind, have anything to do with the sprites loaded for ships.
I didn't have a copy of my reg code on hand.

However, I did recently trash them, and it seems to work. However, it's still annoyingly jerky while I have a target selected, and totally fine otherwise.

-Skunks

------------------

Your registration code, by the way, is not stored in the prefs file. It, along with your other registration info (days played when unregistered, etc.) is stored in a file called Escape Velocity license. Same for all other Ambrosia games.

------------------
God. Root. What is difference?
-Pitr

AIM: obormot345