ResEdit pros-HELP!!

I'm thinking about making plug-in now and have this huge problem. I'm living in Japan, my system is half Japanese-half English. So, I'm having this problem with ResEdit- I can't type this letters with double dots above them that you use often in this programe. Every time I try to hit option+U+letter, I get this weired Japanese carracters or something else more weired. My system font is Osaka (jap.font). I can't pase this letters from other plug-ins, 'cause there they all also appeare as some weired stuff. Can somebody advise me on how can I deal with this problem. I would really apreciate it.

------------------

I haven't used it much but am likewise haveing trouble. Please tell how to make ships. It would help me out quite a bit.

------------------
I did really good on my driver's exam. I knocked down all the cones.

You can go into Key Caps, select the proper font, and generate the proper characters. Hold option, click the fuzzy-outline "u", and click the letter you want. Then copy/paste. This might work.

------------------
God. Root. What is difference?
-Pitr

AIM: obormot345

Originally posted by Slav:
**I'm thinking about making plug-in now and have this huge problem. I'm living in Japan, my system is half Japanese-half English. So, I'm having this problem with ResEdit- I can't type this letters with double dots above them that you use often in this programe. Every time I try to hit option+U+letter, I get this weired Japanese carracters or something else more weired. My system font is Osaka (jap.font). I can't pase this letters from other plug-ins, 'cause there they all also appeare as some weired stuff. Can somebody advise me on how can I deal with this problem. I would really apreciate it.

Try changing your font. The particular one you are using probably doesn't have a "ü". So, when making a plug-in use an English font.

------------------
tear it down / AIM: G2uidehatr

Originally posted by Desert Fox:
**I haven't used it much but am likewise haveing trouble. Please tell how to make ships. It would help me out quite a bit.

What part of "ships" don't you understand? Making the shďp ID's? Or adding the ship data, sprite, mask, desc, strings and everything needed?

------------------
tear it down / AIM: G2uidehatr

I dont think that it actually matters it just looks different.