Everybody read and respond!

Ok guys, I know u probably think I'm a newbie, but I'm not. I visit this board and read what you all have to say. I check out things when I hear them like new plugs comin up and everything like that. I am just sick and tired of nothing being done around here. I remember when a kick a** plug was just around the corner and everyday the page might be updated. Now look at us, we're just a bunch of "oh the plug will be finished but its takin a long time". I say fu** that. Everybody needs to band together and either make a HUGE update to EV, most likely using EVO's engine, or ONE OF THE BIGGEST PLUGS EVER! I personally have no programing experience, if I was taught, I would do this in a heartbeat. What I'm asking for is an ultimate development team. If you have any experience with graphics or weapons and ships or good plot lines. Then I'm requesting you to join. If we get enough people, more will come and take notice. If you like what you've heard, just reply.
Rebel Dan
<AIM :DMardian>

------------------

I'm curious: do you have any idea what you're talking about?
-Neutronic

------------------
There is a fine line between having an attitude problem and thinking clearly.

Ah, sorry to say, you must say that you are kind of a newbie; this has been suggested time and time again, so I'm going to give you the same response that everyone before you has gotten.
It won't work. Period. Too many people = too many problems. Some people won't do what they are supposed to do, others will do what they are supposed to, but will not respond via email. There are also many other factors that would set this "ultimate plugin" back so far... It just won't.
Sorry to shoot you down.

Also, Neutronic: is it just me, or do you enjoy being unhelpful? This is the second time I've seen you post something that didn't directly address the topic.
Perhaps you should take another look at your sig: There is a fine line between having an attitude problem and thinking clearly.

------------------
EVula
(url="http://"mailto:evula@evula.com")mailto:evula@evula.com(/url)evula@evula.com

EVula--When I consider the answer to the actual question painfully obvious, I don't bother to address it.

Oh, and about my signature; it's really up to the individual to decide what side I'm on. πŸ˜‰
-Neutronic

------------------

Hmmm... This faintly reminds me of something from my past, yet I can not remember exactly what... πŸ˜‰

------------------
"These are my terms, abide by them or drink vacuum."-Tycho

I agree with EVula on this. There would be way too many problems getting everyone together and getting them to agree on one thing. It IS a killer idea though.

------------------
Pure insanity calling. Will you answer?

The idea of a big plug with everyone working on it can work, but most of the time it will not, even if all the people were adults. Many people here are not adults, and are not as reliable, so things don't get done.

Neutronic, if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything at all.

Chamrin

Originally posted by Chamrin:
**The idea of a big plug with everyone working on it can work, but most of the time it will not, even if all the people were adults. Many people here are not adults, and are not as reliable, so things don't get done.

Neutronic, if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything at all.

Chamrin**

Where did you get the idea that adults are reliable? πŸ˜„

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

I have many positive things to say. Just not one for everyone, on every occasion.
-Neutronic

------------------

Well, I have to agree with EVula, Chamrin, and whoever else posted anything of meaning before me.

But I'll help.

BTW, WTF is with your AIM thing up there? I would be happy to know if that is your AIM name, or if you picked me out at random to get the brunt of this.

Either way, it's unimportant, since that's not my AIM sn anyway.

And if you want to know what I'll do to help, IM me. My screen name should be down there in my sig somewhere.

------------------
You say I'm an @$$hole? I say get in line.

AOL/AIM: EVmaridian

Website: (url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/utopianvenality/index.html")www.angelfire.com/scifi/utopianvenality/index.html(/url)

Nova will be frickin huge (500+ systems), but it's for EV:O (although it might even be worked into an EV3 with Ambrosia (notice might.))

------------------
-Shade

"Scorpion petting zoo-
Innovative concepts in exposing city kids to nature."
-Gary Larson

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

A suggestion for you, learn to use ResEdit and try to make plugs on your own, it's what I did. I borrowed the graphics, but it works.

------------------
It takes 24 muscles to frown but only 7 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle.
(Remember that when someone pisses you of)

Err, what is Nova?
A plug?
A website?
A galaxy?
A train?
A laxative?
A computer?
What is it??!!

-Slug

------------------
Sorry about your starship, Captain ga'KrΓΌg, but as we say on Earth :
'C'est la vie'!

-Admiral Williams,
Shortly after the defeat of the 3rd Gaitori fleet.

Originally posted by Slug:
**Err, what is Nova?
A plug?
A website?
A galaxy?
A train?
A laxative?
A computer?
What is it??!!

-Slug

In order:
Yes, no, yes, no, only when it gives me the runs, no.

It is scenario that has nothing to do with either EV or EVO. It currently runs on the EVO engine. It has (at this stage) over 700 systems (including changes due to storylines), and somewhere in the order of 450,000-500,000 characters of mission descs (which adds up to around 400 pages if you were reading your average sized paperback novel), and we are about halfway there.

Graphics-wise it has a completely new interface with all new buttons, and new arrangements of them as well. All new ships, outfs and scenes all rendered by graphics artists who are all well-versed in their fields. If any doubt the talent of the modellers and 3d artists in Nova, ask someone who has seen the screenshots. -Hopefully- they'll tell you how good it looks.

All-in-all it is a scenario that has taken the EV/O engine to its limits in terms of graphics and storyline. We haven't tried to do too many cool things with the engine itself (ala Martin Turner in his E3 universe - and we at ATMOS take our hats off to him), but we have tried to make a scenario where everything from the ships to the planet and bar descs, to the outfs, to the missions, etc comes together in a tight seamless bundle. Hell, even the placement and arrangement of the systems and their links is a part of the story of the Nova universe. Not to mention that we have actually sat down and come up with internally consistent storylines (six of), as well as starting with a history behind the start-point of the game going back nearly 3000 years.

As for anything more specific, you'll just have to wait and see...

------------------

Holy cow!!! Do you have any clue on when this game is supposed to be released? That is gonna be the coolest thing since EV was made. If you find memory requirement, please inform me.

------------------
-With precise stormtrooper trainig Zeth targeted and fired. The comm officer flew backwards, his chest a black hole.-
Star Wars: Champions of the Force

Originally posted by Rebel Dan:
**What I'm asking for is an ultimate development team. If you have any experience with graphics or weapons and ships or good plot lines. Then I'm requesting you to join.
Rebel Dan
<AIM :DMardian>

Well, I'm a whiz with the technical cra... uh, yeah, anyway, I'll help. Tell me what to make...
Oh, BTW, there is a board for this kind of shtuff.
Also, I NEED A GOOD GRAPHICS PERSON. Apply via email for the position.

------------------
:redface: My Email adressisn't on here. Sorry! :redface: Jumbostarr@hotmail.com

(This message has been edited by Jumbostar (edited 05-02-2000).)

Originally posted by Desert Fox:
**Holy cow!!! Do you have any clue on when this game is supposed to be released? That is gonna be the coolest thing since EV was made. If you find memory requirement, please inform me.

There will be an announcement coming out in the next two months for certain regarding Nova...

Watch this space...

------------------