What's your favorite ship?

This is a topic I believe should have been put in a long time ago. What is your favorite ship? Please tell why it is your favorite and what ship you like to hunt with it.

------------------
What is your name? King Arthur
What is your quest? I seek the Holy Grail
What is the footspeed
of a swallow? African or European?
What? I don't know that!!
AHHHHHHH!

My favorite ship is the Corvette. I like it for its average speed, turning ability, and armor. Overall on of the better mixes of the game. The speed upgrades make it unstoppable. I just love hunting down lightnings in this ship.

------------------
What is the footspeed
AHHHHHHH!

Neutronic Kestrel.

I cheat.

Sue me.

This ship has everything. High-punch, long range weapons, better maneuverability than most small fighters, and 45 tons of cargo space for all those missions that require it. I've only met its match (and, I'll confess, its betters) in the Clavius and Beyond plug I got it from. Whip in a missle jammer, RSC upgrade, thrust enhancer, 60 neutronic torpedoes and take out those silly missles and javalins, and I'll take any of you. Any time. Any place. 😉

Whoa. Sorry, got a little carried away. 🙂 I am a completely devoted fan of this ship, though. Not recommended for those of you who derive great pleasure from difficult, grueling battles, however. I'm just in it for the missions. 🙂

I would like to add, however, that this topic has been done. Many, many times, from my understanding of it. Well, you know what they say about classics, right?

No, neither do I.
-Neutronic

------------------
There is a fine line between having an attitude problem and thinking clearly.

(This message has been edited by Neutronic (edited 04-21-2000).)

Originally posted by Neutronic:
**Neutronic Kestrel.

I cheat.

Sue me.

This ship has everything. High-punch, long range weapons, better maneuverability than most small fighters, and 45 tons of cargo space for all those missions that require it. I've only met its match (and, I'll confess, its betters) in the Clavius and Beyond plug I got it from. Whip in a missle jammer, RSC upgrade, thrust enhancer, 60 neutronic torpedoes and take out those silly missles and javalins, and I'll take any of you. Any time. Any place.

Whoa. Sorry, got a little carried away. I am a completely devoted fan of this ship, though. Not recommended for those of you who derive great pleasure from difficult, grueling battles, however. I'm just in it for the missions.

I would like to add, however, that this topic has been done. Many, many times, from my understanding of it. Well, you know what they say about classics, right?

No, neither do I.
-Neutronic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What a joke, :rolleyes: listen son if you want to brag about the best ship throught cheating...well then let me teach you a leason...I downloaded a plug that well is nauty....and I was able to purchase and outfit like so:

An alien Cruiser
10 alien fighter bays w/ 30 alien fighters(samething with mantas, patrol ships, hawks, gunboats, lightnings, etc.)
999 of amo for everything and mean everything(javelin rockets, missles, torpedoes, heavy rocekts, seeker drones, etc.)
20 weapon launchers for all of above
20 forklifts
999 fusion beams, heavy fusion beams, particle beams, tractor beams, any beams
999 swivel lasers and rear lases
4 tropoton turrets (if I could put on 999 of them I would but I cant :mad 🙂
999 of armor plating of all three types and shield busters and batteries
999 cargo pods (9980 tons of free cargo :D)
1 missile jammer
those two radar things that I dont remember the names of 😕
100 fuel tanks, 999ramscoops, 1 after burner
and last but not least as many RSC and thrust upgrades you wish

Dont get me wrong your ship sounds very powerfull 😉 but mine hasn't met her match... I'm getting tribute from every single planet with spaceports in the galaxy...some didn't even fight back!!! they sent like four Defenders and thats it!!!
Oh two good and easy to take over planet are the ones in the Tau Ceti System, I once got them with a defender!!!
So in summary I'll take you on...just name the date, time and system.
Oh and make in place with no interference (asteroids, radar) and inhabeted with no stelat objects so that we can battle in pease (if there is such a thing) I suggest NGC-1592 so that I can go to Pirates Cove for a drink and celebrate over another victory with my homies in the bar...if you know what Im saying 🆒

Nex

------------------
Mess with the best , Die
like the rest..

My Confederate Base Ship is better 😃

------------------
tear it down / AIM: G2uidehatr

I'm sorry, people, but my Sovereign-class starship with photon and quantum torpedoes, Type X phaser batteries than can shred a Confed Cruiser in one second, and speed and maneuverability of a Defender can kick all your butts, including Nexus's piece of gagh.

My friend made that plug just for me.

Apart from that, my four favorite ships from any plugs are, in order: Fulcrum, Starknight, Neutronic Kestrel, Klingon B'rel Class Bird of Prey.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345

My Rapier can kick all of you...

------------------
"The toilet is over there!"-Stalin at the Yalta Confrence, denouncing one of Churchill's ideas.

AOL/AIM-Nador26

Yahoo Messenger-OctoberFost

(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost")http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost(/url)

And my Reb. destroyer can whoop your rapier.

------------------
My decision is maybe, and that's final!

My new ship can waste any ship as long as it isn't cheating. Even then it can put you through hell before it goes down. It is the Rebel Cruiser. One of the finest ships in the game.

------------------
What is the footspeed
AHHHHHHH!

OctoberFost, Type11 and Desert Fox: I have two words for you: phaser array. No more Rapier, destroyer, and cruiser. Or neutron torps. Or proton pump turrets. Or plasma balls.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

Nexus--Ha! I'll still take you. 😉

All right, so I do like a little challenge. I wouldn't want to fly Nexus's ship, or in fact anything with that much sheer muscle. It's not any fun. Of course, my darling Nexus, that is not intended as any sort of slight against you.

Without any seriousness, wouldn't it be fantastic if Ambrosia wrote a networking program where we could all test our skills against each other?
-Neutronic

------------------

(This message has been edited by Neutronic (edited 04-22-2000).)

Originally posted by Neutronic:
**Without any seriousness, wouldn't it be fantastic if Ambrosia wrote a networking program where we could all test our skills against each other?
-Neutronic

Oh no. Neutronic, remember that topic by Maridian 1 or 2 days ago on EV for PC?Well, guess what, you've just stumbled on another one of those topics I was talking about. EV/O multiplayer has been talked to death and beyond. Everyone agrees that EVMP would be cool. We've even worked out all the features it would have. One guy (kberg) has actually started coding, and the release data is somewhere in December, 2156. So let's not start again, ok?

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

arching an eyebrow it was simply a comment, Obormot. I had no intention of launching a debate on the topic.
-Neutronic

------------------

(This message has been edited by Neutronic (edited 04-23-2000).)

Yes, that much was clear. No one who makes comments like that wants to start debates, but there are always people who just love to argue, point-by-point, for or against any topic. :rolleyes: Anyway, could you please spell my name right? It's Obormot.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?