Why not EVO?

I gust want to ask the regulars here: why dont you switch to EVO? Is the transition that difficut? I switched, (after two tries) and now i am perfectly comfortable. If it helps download a plug that lets you see the entire EVO Galaxy. 😉

------------------
"Zort"

(This message has been edited by Hawkeye (edited 04-05-2000).)

because old school stuff kicks ass?
i gotta 1973 kenwood reciever, if that tells you anything about me. it's 8 years older than me and kicks ass.

besides, ev's simpler, takes less disk space, and is faster on 68k macs. i have both. i don't need to switch!! it also depends on plugins... i finished the new horizons TC an hour or so ago, and i've done all but beat up the voinians in EVO to finish the core missions. that's the reason

oh, and since EV's smaller and less complex Ti-EV is based on EV not EVO. for starters anyway.

------------------
"what do you call a boomerang that don't come back?"
"a stick."

(url="http://"http://209.67.19.99/~da_mac/orion/")()rion Productions(/url)
~ Robin ( (url="http://"mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net")mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net(/url)funky_cheeze@usa.net

Many of us play EV as well as EVO. I post on both boards. EV has better graphics and sounds, and you can tell a lot of care went into making the game. EVO looks and feels like it was made by someone in a hurry, and really dosn't have a feel to it. It's just too bloated. And EV is easier to make plug-ins for, since Shmelta V dosn't work with EVO and many people find it easier to use then ResEdit.

------------------
"There is no prostitution in China; however, we do have some women who make love for money"

-Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson

AIM/AOL:Nador26

Yahoo Messenger:OctoberFost

OctoberFost wrote:
**Many of us play EV as well as EVO. I post on both boards. EV has better graphics and sounds, and you can tell a lot of care went into making the game. EVO looks and feels like it was made by someone in a hurry, and really dosn't have a feel to it. It's just too bloated. And EV is easier to make plug-ins for, since Shmelta V dosn't work with EVO and many people find it easier to use then ResEdit.

EVO is much more sophisticated, has more and better missions and its own unique feel; and uses the EV engine better - and EVO's graphics are OK: look at ships like the Igazra. Not much care went into EV - the story is recycled and leaves you hanging. The sounds are about even. And Schmelta-V works for EVO just fine - just change the type and creator codes.

------------------
"This evening's meeting of the Clairvoyance Society canceled due to unforeseen circumstances."
-More Anguished English

ColdFusion wrote:

EVO is much more sophisticated, has more and better missions and its own unique feel; and uses the EV engine better - and EVO's graphics are OK: look at ships like the Igazra. Not much care went into EV - the story is recycled and leaves you hanging. The sounds are about even. And Schmelta-V works for EVO just fine - just change the type and creator codes.

It's an earlier game, you can't expect it to be that good.

------------------
"There is no prostitution in China; however, we do have some women who make love for money"

I like both EV and EVO about the same. However , I EV better though. I have played it for years. Also to answer your question some people don't like change.

------------------
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

It's simple- EV is better. 😛

------------------

(This message has been edited by EV Player (edited 04-06-2000).)

You all should shut up and play Ferazel's Wand. It's much better then EV and now that I have taken Ambrosia over with my evil powers of stupidity that's all were're gonna release in the future. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Ben_Spees wrote:
You all should shut up and play Ferazel's Wand. It's much better then EV and now that I have taken Ambrosia over with my evil powers of stupidity that's all were're gonna release in the future. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Ferazel's Wand Bites! EV rules and everyone knows it 😄

------------------

JuddAS wrote:

**Ferazel's Wand Bites! EV rules and everyone knows it:D

Uh-Oh, someone's not assimilating well......

------------------

Once I figure out how to program well I'm gonna get you all!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(/b)(/QUOTE)

Uh-Oh, someone's not assimilating well......

(/B)(/QUOTE)

But its true. EV is better. Even you have to admit it is better.

------------------

But you see, Ben Spees a self f**king idiot that makes sucky games. So he can say Ferazel's Wand is a good game and you can't do anything about it.

Ok, actually that was me. But that is what the real Ben Spees would have said. And this is going to be my last post on this board. This board is getting stupider every day, and it's partly my fault. I know I won't be missed so I won't make a big deal out of this. Bye.

------------------

Unbelievable everyone's leaving now.

But you have to wonder at what kind of person would make fun of Ben Spees. Harry the Handsome Executive was a great game Ferazel was good, if not ultra-innovative.

Anyway, as UE Crusader so aptly pointed out, this EV vs. EVO war is stupid. EV is a good game in its own rights. So is EVO. You can't really compare the two.

------------------
"This evening's meeting of the Clairvoyance Society canceled due to unforeseen circumstances."
-More Anguished English

ColdFusion, I agree, the EV/EVO war is just plain simple stupid. EV and EVO players should be friends, not f***ing enemies. And the truth, many of us own them both, so why war? It´s all stupid.
----------------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made by Macintosh"

------------------

Shadow wrote:
ColdFusion, I agree, the EV/EVO war is just plain simple stupid. EV and EVO players should be friends, not fing enemies. And the truth, many of us own them both, so why war? It´s all stupid.*

The reason is because wars rule. Also it is something to talk about.

------------------

ColdFusion Wrote:

Harry the Handsome Executive was a great game

I'm with you all the way there...

------------------
Hornet
------------------

(url="http://"http://www.v-west.in2home.co.uk/zac/zac.html")http://www.v-west.in...uk/zac/zac.html(/url)

This EV/EVO $hit is getting on my nerves, if I were admin, I would delete everything EVO related cause this IS infact an EV board, not EVO.

This comparing stuff is boring.

My answer though is that EV is so much better then EVO, cause it just is. I looked at EVO and pretty pathetic ships, sad story line, I got bord pretty fast, and the weapons lick.

Sure the galaxy is big, but what is the point of that?

I made a plug that maxed out the systems and everything, and it would kick EVO's ass, but sadly I can't get it onto the net cause my mac isn't connected to the internet.

Anyways, for the secound and LAST time, post anything EVO related on the EVO board, I don't now why that is so hard.

------------------
Evil will always triamph over good... because good is dumb.

(for those that play UO, fill in chaos with evil, and order with good 🙂 )

OctoberFost wrote:
But you see, Ben Spees a self fking idiot that makes sucky games. So he can say Ferazel's Wand is a good game and you can't do anything about it.

Ok, actually that was me. But that is what the real Ben Spees would have said. And this is going to be my last post on this board. This board is getting stupider every day, and it's partly my fault. I know I won't be missed so I won't make a big deal out of this. Bye.

Dear lord, exactly how many games have you made? I would love to play them if they are that much better than Ben Spees games.

------------------
tear it down