The Origin of Basilisk

May I remind you that NATO uses largely U.S. forces. Who else is there? France, who hasn't won a war in the past few centuries? Britain? Really.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345

Obormot wrote:
**May I remind you that NATO uses largely U.S. forces. Who else is there? France, who hasn't won a war in the past few centuries? Britain? Really.

Yes, but it is not the only country in that organization. There are the main European countries(Germany, England, France,etc.), Canada, etc...

------------------
Communism vs. Capitalism
Confeds vs. Rebels
MacOS vs. Windows OR
Rebellious Rebels that use MacOS and are headed by a S. Jobs vs.

Communist Confeds that use Winblows and are headed by a B.Gates.
AIM: EVCorvette

well, incase you didnt notice, when ever the US loses a war (not likely, but it happens) they say "We didn't lose it, we just didnn't want to fight anymore, thats all!" also, they have a nack for brainwashing their citizens and such...note: bill clintons morality talks on TV...

------------------

Whurp wrote:
**well, incase you didnt notice, when ever the US loses a war (not likely, but it happens) they say "We didn't lose it, we just didnn't want to fight anymore, thats all!" also, they have a nack for brainwashing their citizens and such...note: bill clintons morality talks on TV...

Exactly what wars would this be? The one and only Vietnam? Ha! Sorry, but there was no Vietnam War... their was no Korean War either... the US hasn't declared war since WWII. The Vietnam War was the only police action the US retreated from.

Therefore "we didn't lose it", South Korea did... so we got the hell out 😉

------------------
tear it down

Soviet mikee wrote:
Ha! Sorry, but there was no Vietnam War... their was no Korean War either... the US hasn't declared war since WWII. The Vietnam War was the only police action the US retreated from.

LOL! Indeed. I don't know if the U.S. will ever declare war again, actually. "Police action" just sounds so much more peaceful. It also helps avoid embarassments - not always, though. Just look at Kosovo.

Hey, I know. Why don't we "police" Canada? Those polar bears can get pretty rowdy... That way, the U.N. won't come to their aid. Mwahahahaha!

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

Obormot wrote:
**LOL! Indeed. I don't know if the U.S. will ever declare war again, actually. "Police action" just sounds so much more peaceful. It also helps avoid embarassments - not always, though. Just look at Kosovo.

Hey, I know. Why don't we "police" Canada? Those polar bears can get pretty rowdy... That way, the U.N. won't come to their aid. Mwahahahaha!

Ummm, "UN nations" police....

------------------
tear it down

JuddAS wrote:
**The UN can always place sannuctions (sorry for the spelling) on the US for attacking Canada.

Now that would be funny, considering that the UN is based in New York City and the majority of its budget is funded by the US. I found it funny when a few years back the UN threatened to not allow the US to vote unless it paid its dues!!!

------------------
tear it down

Somebody wrote:

Exactly what would the US send? 1000 soldiers with wooden guns? At the time WWII was erupting the US was extremly unmilitaried (if that is a word)... and many troops were practicing marching and drilling with WOODEN GUNS!!!!

When you just came out of a depression... you have a hard time spending money on US military stuff. Fact: We were spending only 180 million on military BEFORE WWII.... soon after Poland was invaded it was raised to 1 billion per year. We didn't have a freakin' military to send!

What was the deal with Pearl Harbor? Oh that's right... our FLEET SUCKED in camparison to Japan's huge fleet. It's not because we liked watching England suffer... we just didn't have anything to GIVE them except for aid.

well that shows how much we sucked just a few years ago, now look at us, we're the most powerful. that has to show something! it only takes us a few years to become the world's power!

HK White Shadow wrote:
**well that shows how much we sucked just a few years ago, now look at us, we're the most powerful. that has to show something! it only takes us a few years to become the world's power!

First, what do you consider "a few years"? More like 55 years. That's nothing. Russia (under Stalin) went from agricultural to nuclear in about 20 years.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

Obormot wrote:

**First, what do you consider "a few years"? More like 55 years. That's nothing. Russia (under Stalin) went from agricultural to nuclear in about 20 years.

The US went to having the 18th largest army to having the largest in 3 years. Then we stayed a world superpower and we still are. The US is the strongest country in the world. We have virtualy no competition. I'm not being an ignorant or arrogant american, it's simply the truth.

------------------

"There is no prostitution in China; however, we do have some women who make love for money"

-Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson

AIM/AOL:Nador26

Yahoo Messenger:OctoberFost

(This message has been edited by OctoberFost (edited 04-10-2000).)

OctoberFost wrote:
**The US went to having the 18th largest army to having the largest in 3 years. Then we stayed a world superpower and we still are. The US is the strongest country in the world. We have virtualy no competition. I'm not being an ignorant or arrogant american, it's simply the truth.

I'm sure the Japanese, Israeli, Chinese (and, I'm sure, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, but you know what I'm talking about :p) would have something to say about that. I personally agree with you on the strongest (and best all around) country part, but we do have competition.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

well, that sure killed the talking

------------------

well, that sure killed the talking

------------------