Assistance? Please?

Um, I noticed this on the EVO board, and remembered that I had wanted to ask you guys.

Why, in EV, doesn't anybody ever help me in battles? All they say is "i don't think i want to". I'm wondering if it's a feature that's only available if you register.

Same goes for the buttons 'accept payment' and 'demand more'. Is that even IN the game, or do you have to register?

BTW, I haven't registered. I DO intend to, when I get a net connection...

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

No one ever helps you in combat. Never, ever, does this happen.

'Accept Payment' and 'Demand More' are either unimplemented features or evil pranks that Matt left in to bug hackers

You can do anything in unregistered EV that you can do in registered EV - it's total shareware, not crippleware like Mars Rising, etc.

------------------
"Be quiet. I'm inspiring you."
-my Spanish teacher

Kewl! But, uh, about the hackers thing.

That is REALLY cruel.

BTW, isn't it about due for that Happy Birthday Matt thing to come up again?

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

Maridian wrote:
**Um, I noticed this on the EVO board, and remembered that I had wanted to ask you guys.

Why, in EV, doesn't anybody ever help me in battles? All they say is "i don't think i want to". I'm wondering if it's a feature that's only available if you register.

Same goes for the buttons 'accept payment' and 'demand more'. Is that even IN the game, or do you have to register?

Try asking a Merc pilot and make sure you're not fighting an allied govt like the confederation. if you just happen to stumble on a hostile pirate and there's GASP a mirc in the system ignoring him (It can happen), you can hail the mirc for help. Other than that, there are no other situations that allow that kind've assistance.

AJ

Try asking a Merc pilot and make sure you're not fighting an allied govt like the confederation. if you just happen to stumble on a hostile pirate and there's GASP a mirc in the system ignoring him (It can happen), you can hail the mirc for help. Other than that, there are no other situations that allow that kind've assistance.

As far as I know, the only mercenaries that appear are the Bounty Hunters which come after you, and they won't help you. Unless you're talking about plugins like Bounty Plus/Final Battle.

------------------
We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill...

Obormot wrote:
As far as I know, the only mercenaries that appear are the Bounty Hunters which come after you, and they won't help you. Unless you're talking about plugins like Bounty Plus/Final Battle.

Well, there are some Bounty Hunter përs's

------------------
-Basilisk-

"I don't think Reuben can talk right now. He's too busy pouring banana fludge down his throat."

AIM: EVBasilisk

Maridian wrote:

(/B)

You haven't registered?
What a cheapskate, you give Oz a bad name.
You have had plenty of connections to post to the boards. Why not pay your few lousy dollars?

------------------

Because his net conection is at school you fool.

Man, your the one giving us aussies a bad name.

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-