I am officially retiring...

Well, another of the oldies leaving... sniff

But like you said, EV has effected people more than Matt Burch probably knows. I would probably be on a Wintel right now playing something stupid and being totally unaware as to how cool Mac OS is. I first got into macs no long after EV came out, I would play it every damn day in High School. Using macs to play it, I realized how much nicer they were compared to my stupid Win 3.1 PC at home. I managed to get a Quadra and last summer I got an iMac.

I'd probably be programming in Basic on windows right now if it weren't for EV.

The new board, IMHO, has killed the community and to some degree prevents talents from emerging. Remember how people would talk about HTML and programming on the EV/O boards? People would post their graphics and stuff, there was a community there....Knowledge was shared there, now the board is all about answering the same questions. Look at what is being posted, its either ideas about how to improve EV/O, why there should be mulitplayer, Mac OS vs Windows, questions about some mission or someone's idea or announcement for a plug. Who cares if the boards were had a few bugs - like when I found out we could put HTML in our user names 😃

But, nothing is forever. Where did the EV site come from? A fan. Maybe with luck another site and board will emerge... I was hoping to do this with Aeon (first for EVO than EV), but now isn't the time. So maybe every couple of months come back and look in. I too may leave sometime in the near future, but with luck another game and community may happen someday. If a EVMP ever does happen as some people insist it will, perhaps the community will be born again.

I really believe hunderds of talents were found just by that board, and later the two boards alone. UBB is evil..evil and oppresive. Realizing this, I change my name... as long as UBB reigns over the "community", so shall the sickle and hammer 😃

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
**Hello fellow EVers,
Now that I think back to it, I've been with the EV community for about two and a half years now, and the game for about three. I remember back when it was fun to help out new guys just coming in, and to be helped with problems I had. Like one time when I had this problem with EVO, I would launch EVO, create a new pilot, then try to hyper jump, my ship would keep flying until it hit the invisible wall, as if it were still hyper jumping. Then one guy thought it might be a memory problem, and it was. Another time, I introduced my friend to EV, and he had it on PC, and couldn't get the emulator to work, again someone fixed my problem.
You know what, I wouldn't be what I am today if it wasn't for EV. I've learned how to make graphics, how to do HTML, how to navigate on the internet, how to program, how to use resEDIT. This game has taught me so much, and I love it to death.
But sadly, there is a ending to everything. And now that I've read that old post by Captain Scurvy talking about this "new board", I realize EV really is dead. It's no fun talking on this board, it's too complicated, people act like ######s, there's too many rules, and spam isn't allowed. It's things as small as why can't we just have a sig? Huh? Why? Is it really gonna hurt anybody? Well I don't wanna start bitching on that :).
Another thing I'd like to bring up is the whole thing on how Andrew is responsible for EV, the EV Disc Board, and everything I use to hold dear, and how he has the right to take away that board, game, whatever, whenever he wants... Well I've got an analogy for you. Let's say God is real, and that all of a sudden he thinks "well I don't want people to live anymore so I'm going to take all of their lives". Is that really fare? Hell no. Yes Andrew had every right taking away the board, the ev site, but it doesn't mean I don't have a right to be mad at his stupid decision.
This is for you newbies: THERE IS NO EV FOR PC! GET A MAC! MAC'S ARE FREAKIN AWESOME, SO DON'T EVEN START ARGUING ABOUT IT. If you have any other questions feel free to ask :).
Now I want to start thanking people. Anyone who's ever helped any problem of mine, held a conversation with me, listened to my crap, I just wanted to say thank you, and I hope you live a good life. Some people in particular are, Mikee J (Soviet), that kick ass graphics designer Mathew Dailey (who inspired me to start making graphics), Captain Scurvy, Jericon (Stinger), BB808, and anyone else I have forgotten about.
Well it's time to end this sucker. This will be my last post (I may reply to replys on this topic). I request that you don't move this to the Banter board andrew, because this is not Spam, it's my retirement.

Good bye all, live long and prosper :).

I would post my damn sig but it's not allowed :.

If you wanna see it, it's http://members.aol.c...teshadowsig.gif .

I DO agree, Macs ARE FREAKIN AWESOME!!! 😄 😄 😄 😄 I just wanted to say that.

------------------
Crazy Galaxy, Why am I
always caught in the
middle of all the Death,
Destruction, And Boom?
-Vice Admiral Jon