Model citizen!

Well, perhaps not. But I've registered my copy of EV, and so feel downright saintly. (Or finally honest, at least...)

------------------
PlanetPhil
the tuff do what?

I, myself, haven't registered. Although, I may soon have some motivation...

I was looking through the EV Data in EV-Edit once, and I THINK I noticed Cap'n Hector having a hail quote about attacking you. I'm thinking that if you haven't registered after a while (40 days?), then Cap'n Hector stops jumping in to tell you to register and starts jumping in to kill you.

But I don't really know. Does anyone?

------------------
"The only thing we have to fear is Disney being bought by Bill Gates"

ConfusedGuy wrote:
**...I THINK I noticed Cap'n Hector having a hail quote about attacking you. I'm thinking that if you haven't registered after a while (40 days?), then Cap'n Hector stops jumping in to tell you to register and starts jumping in to kill you...

I know for sure that it takes longer than 98 days before Hector comes gunning for you...

------------------
PlanetPhil
the tuff do what?

I was playing around with an argarosy and making it pissed, and hecter killed it :mad:.But he might be trying to kill me. But other than that I havn't been attacked by him.

Yeah, I (ignorantly) shot a forklift at Matt Burch once, and when Cap'n Hetcor flew by, I can almost swear that he shot some stuff at Burch...

Hmm... quite a mystery.

------------------
"The only thing we have to fear is Disney being bought by Bill Gates"

It is actually 300 days before he attacks you. How do i know? ask maridian. It also takes about 14 hours to get past that message at the start

------------------
Fear is not owning a baseball bat

I've had EV and EVO for around 550 day, I will register someday, but Cap'n Hector's always trying to kick the sh*t out of me, all I can do is run though. 🆒

------------------
Joshua Jackson
AKA: Jak205
AIM: Jak205 Takitman JJEDIJ
E-mail: Jak205@Excite.com

"Life is a donut, get eating" Unkown

After the 30 days, Hector progressively starts getting "worser and worser" at what he throws at you! I know because it took me 183 days and he was using guided heavy rockets with like 15 launchers to kill me.{I had the plug 'guided heavy rockets' in my plugin folder}.It's no fun to have a string of rockets 1/2 mile long following you all over the system!
Mike

------------------

Aha! I've had EV for 500 days, and Hector hates me. But I just made a plug that changes his ship to an invisible weaponless thing, so it doesn't bother me anymore. That's proably illegal, and Ambrosia will hate me, but I don't have $15. (A$22)

Dammit! Flood control. I hate having an IP address the same as champion's!

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

This is not what I expected, exactly. My announcement of registration should have prompted all unregistered players to spontaneously throw money at Ambrosia until we were all legal. Ach...

------------------
PlanetPhil
friend to those who need no friends
enemy to those who have no enemies

I would have registered by now, if it were not for the fact that getting a new Mac is higher on my priority list than registering my all-time favourite game.

That and I don't have- what'd it be, forty bucks

------------------
-Basilisk-

"I don't think Reuben can talk right now. He's too busy pouring banana fludge down his throat."

AIM: EVBasilisk

Basilisk wrote:
**That and I don't have- what'd it be, forty bucks

Damn that rate of conversion!

I still hope to learn what banana fludge is.

------------------
PlanetPhil
friend to those who need no friends
enemy to those who have no enemies