Vote Poll: Do you use the "Strict Play" option and escape pod?

How do you play? Do you use the "Strict Play" option? Do you use an escape pod?

I'm a not-strict-play no escape pod person

------------------
🙂 Max B-H
Current plug-in project: Arena Plus

Me? I prefer neither, pod=useless, strict=useless.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html")~AM~(/url)

"Je deteste Wyndoze!"
-Me.

Join #darksouls.mac on SorceryNet!

It varries from pilot file to pilot file. Now I have 2 non strict play files and one strict play/escape pod file.

------------------
"It is not polution that is harming the ecosystem, it is the impurities in air and water that are harming it."
-Dan Quayle

Well, it depends on whther or not I'm using a plugin, and if so, which plugin it is. For example, the plugin Empire2 can be reaaaaally tough, so I use non-strict, but for a plugin which is easier, like Clavius and Beyond, I use strict.

I used to use strict play, but watching my hard-earned Confederate Cruiser slowly explode was too painful. So no I don't use strict play.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

(This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 03-11-2000).)

I like to use Strict play in EVGE, VERY challenging and fun.

I dare the rest of you to try it sometime. 😄

UEC

------------------

UE Crusader wrote:
I like to use Strict play in EVGE, VERY challenging and fun.

The pain and agony of losing your hard-earned Wraith Missile Cruiser that sounds fun

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html")~AM~(/url)

"Je deteste Wyndoze!"
-Me.

Join #darksouls.mac on SorceryNet!

I used to use Strict play every time, until I figured out that you can make EV quit while your ship is exploding by tapping command and Q 😉
So now I never do, there's no point.

no strict play here, i just hit esc b4 my ship goes boom

------------------

ZaphodB wrote:
Well, it depends on whther or not I'm using a plugin, and if so, which plugin it is. For example, the plugin Empire2 can be reaaaaally tough, so I use non-strict, but for a plugin which is easier, like Clavius and Beyond, I use strict.

where do you get empire2?

------------------

Andrew M wrote:
**The pain and agony of losing your hard-earned Wraith Missile Cruiser that sounds fun

where do you get wraith missile cruiser?

------------------

Strict, of course. The strict approach provides some discipline. I prefer to approach problems in a way that guarantees success or provides contingency options, not in a way where I'll get away with it some fraction of the time and I just repeat until I get a result I like. The pirates and alien battlecruiser don't get a second chance, why should I? They already have the disadvantage of being AI.

-pagangod

------------------

The Jazzman wrote:
I used to use Strict play every time, until I figured out that you can make EV quit while your ship is exploding by tapping command and Q;)
So now I never do, there's no point.

It's called Force Quit. I use it too. But it wastes time reloading EV that I don't bother with strict play. Although lately I've been taking it up. What this poll should be is how many people have ever tried playing EV as a pirate, and NOTHING else?! No missions except pirate missions.

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

Being a PC user, i would just use the good ol' alt ctrl delete. But why would you even bother using strict play if you just force quit it??. You sound a little stupid to me jazzman

------------------
Fear is not owning a baseball bat

Always. After a long time playin without, it just got boring. I think I'll have to start playin Kiki with it off, however, seeing as things are getting harder and harder as time progresses.

AJ

I never use the 'strict play' option. If I did, I would be mad.

I use it becuause it forces you to get better. If you can't rencarnate, then you have to get creative if you want to keep your ships. You get really good at dodging missles and torpedos that way. 'course, it never hurts to have an escape pod. After all, the rations aren't so bad...

"Three Volinian dreadnaughts? ****. Positions hand over eject buttons"-Me, far to often.

------------------
Out like a fat kid in kickball.

Champion, you're pc user, why'd you register to an all mac-user web board. EV wasn't made for ****ty computers. 🆒

------------------
Joshua Jackson
AKA: Jak205
AIM: Jak205 Takitman JJEDIJ
E-mail: Jak205@Excite.com

"Life is a donut, get eating" Unkown

I almost always use Strict play....its too easy otherwise....and ofcourse I use an escape pod, it really sucks getting into the game and getting blown up then having to start over.

<i>G@rett</i>

------------------