Andrew: A feature from the old EV site...

One useful but little-remarked feature of the old EV.com was the info provided in the Missions, Ships, and Weapons categories. All the descriptions and stats on the standard EV ships and equipment; all the standard mission info arranged by subject (sadly, the Rebel missions were never included), all straight from the game text. I was lucky enough to have printed out that material before the site disappeared. But it might be helpful to new players to have that kind of basic info online and available in one place. It might also be handy data for plug-in developers. Any chance that this stuff might be included in the new version of the website?

------------------
PlanetPhil
the tuff do what?

While on the topic of useful features from the old ev.com, I miss the plug-in descriptions. I see the "description" fields are blank. Is someone working on filling those descriptions in?

------------------
(url="http://"http://209.67.19.99/~da_mac/orion/")()rion Productions(/url)
~ Robin ( (url="http://"mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net")mailto:funky_cheeze@usa.net(/url)funky_cheeze@usa.net

Another section I miss is the "What's new".

------------------

**One useful but little-remarked feature of the old EV.com was the info
provided in the Missions, Ships, and Weapons categories. All the
descriptions and stats on the standard EV ships and equipment; all the
standard mission info arranged by subject

For the missions, its called Schmelta V (Thank you Mr. Conduit).

For the ships/weapons its called Res Edit.

Robin: You are sorely correct, the descriptions for plugs are invaluable. Hopefully Andrew will be able to configure the script to have descriptions. If not, it can be worked out somehow.

CS

CS-
Yes you can use schmelta-v and evedit... but it takes too long, you have to d/l the two aps, and it's a hassle, plug the newbies probably have no idea how too that. I'm sure it would save a lot of time... and probably come in handy for them.

------------------
Jeremy Woodruff as,
THE WHITE SHADOW

Captain Scurvy wrote:

**For the missions, its called Schmelta V (Thank you Mr. Conduit).

For the ships/weapons its called Res Edit.

All well and good, if you don't mind getting your information piecemeal. Neither of those programs address what I was talking about--having this basic information available at the official EV site for people who are new to the game and so have basic questions, or for plug-in developers who want to easily compare attributes of ships and equipment, or quickly analyze misions.

------------------
PlanetPhil
the tuff do what?

(This message has been edited by PlanetPhil (edited 03-14-2000).)

for the ships and weapons, there's the EV Ship Guide and the EV Upgrades Guide but i dont know where to dl.

------------------
CaptainG3
AIM:CaptnG3

It was exactly what you were talking about. You were stating a good feature of the site was the info about ships/weapons and missions. Well its all right in front of you (and everyone else, of course). You just need to look for it.

If people want all the info put out in front of them, why bother even playing the game. Why bother playing any games? Lets just go to the web sites and read all the info and cheats.

CS