An accurate Star Wars plug (the sequel to "Another plug-in problem")

I downloaded 2 different Star Wars plugs (Star Wars, from... I can't remember, and Star Wars: A New Alliance, from someone at Ambrosia), and I noticed one key thing wrong - the systems. Sure, the plugs are good, but it isn't completely accurate to the Star Wars galaxy.

I'm not very good at creating plugs (if you don't believe me, just read "Another plug-in problem"), so I couldn't help an awful lot in this, but I was thinking that perhaps a group of EV and Star Wars fans could work together to create THE Star Wars EV plug.

Feel free to laugh at me now.

Let's see - this must the third time someone has suggested this. At least you're not like dude5432, who thought he could do 2 total conversions at once while not knowing what a mission bit was.

The problem is that the Star Wars galaxy is highly dynamic - there's no set map for all the systems. You could roughly guess - but the Star Wars galaxy is so huge, there's no accounting for everything. And this ignores all the other hoary technical details, too.

Now, the best way to make a SW plug is to have a completely original Star Wars story for the player. It's hard, but it can be done; White Star Rising is a coming Star Trek plugin with a totally original story and it doesn't sound bad.

Good luck finding a team.

------------------
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
-Gen. Jack Ripper, Dr. Strangelove

Really? I was sure that someone had published a book on SW maps by now.
I guess that would involve a bit too much research.
And I was hoping to make individual episode plugs, too. Oh well, I'll just have to make some more mistakes with my fighter bay plug.

Forgot to mention - I'm trying to download the EV game expander plug-in (http://www.geocities...4/download.html), and the link doesn't work. Does anyone know of an alternate download site?

There is a map of the SW galaxy in the frontispiece of some new hardcover Star Wars books, but it's very forgiving in specifically locating systems and total systems.

It's a good idea - but too ambitious. Have fun making fighter bays.

------------------
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

There is an available guide, called the Encyclopedia Terrestricana, to every StarWars system, planet, moon, etc. ever mentioned in the movies, books, computer games, and novels. It has some rough maps of the different sectors of the StarWars galaxy. E-mail me if you need a copy. It's only available in DocMaker format.

------------------
-Peregrine the wanderer

Heh, I suddenly remembered. There is an official SW Guide to Planets and Systems (or something similar in title), which gives detailed descriptions of 100 planets. However, it has little info on galactic structure.

------------------

There is a detailed star wars galaxy map availiable at (url="http://"http://WWW.lowlight.com/swmap/")WWW.lowlight.com/swmap/(/url)
it contains detailed maps containg all sectors in every Quadrant it is the most accurate availiable as it is based on an unpublished galaxy map for a roleplaying source book. Also the Unofficial Star wars Encyclopedia contains a guide to all planets and systems this is availiable at (url="http://"http://www.moseisley.com.there")www.moseisley.com.there(/url) has not been an accurate licensed star wars map released as they want to leave the galaxy open for further development.

Also I am involved in a project for the creation of a convincing Star wars Total Conversion Plug-in which I'll go as far as to say is better prepared than many of the recent posts regarding Star Wars plugs.for more details or if you are interested in helping with development then mail me below

Also ColdFusion what hard cover book version contains this Map?
We were considering implementing an original Storyline but if it is to have an engaging storyline with large consequences it will conflict to much with the existing star wars Galaxy.however the way are plug wil work Involving a total replacement of resources and then subsequent Mission plugs there will be scope for development of third party Plotlines.

------------------
#Stormbringer#
"some would say that
it possesed both a mind
and a will. others will
claim it to be a demon in
disguise. some believe it
composed of the vestigal
souls of all damned
mortals trapped
within."

<A HREF="mailto:jr.watkins@virgin.
net">jr.watkins@virgin.
net</A>

(This message has been edited by Stormbringer (edited 03-09-2000).)

(This message has been edited by Stormbringer (edited 03-09-2000).)