Eek! A bug!

Or three...

Alright, so guess what kind of oddities I'm getting? That's right, I'm having twins!

Apparently,

Spoiler

Li

has one, and so does

Spoiler

the Creator.

(Spoiler Image)

(Spoiler Image)

I encountered the former on two occasions, so I at least know that it's reproducible, and I only encountered the latter once, but had other trouble with that same area, including

Spoiler

the lobster monster not running to his cave on the fourth shot and instead teleporting Naija and himself to the cave and turning into the musical form upon death.

Also, I quit the game I was playing when I was in

Spoiler

spirit form

and when I got to the main menu,

Spoiler

the music was still doing its distorted things like it does when you're in aforementioned spirit form.

And while this isn't a bug, I think it's pretty damn annoying.

Spoiler

The final stage of the Ultimate Creator form (or what I assume to be the last stage) does not give you any enemies to kill so you can charge up Naija's attack in Dual Form. This means that it's nigh but impossible to inflict any damage on the Creator when he's most vulnerable. Ironically, he'll give you Nautili to blow up after being damaged, but to do so you need a charge. Even if you already have one, he hasn't given me Nautili 100% of the time.

In other words, you made that guy too difficult to beat. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it leaves the player second guessing himself as to how to kill the darn beast without killing himself.

That's my 2 cents. I'm not really sure if it was worth the $30, but I haven't seen the entire game yet, so I guess I shall see.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 26 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

Spoiler

Actually, the final stage of the Creator does spawn things. However, he only does it when you hit him in the right spot. He's not the only videogame boss that's only vulnerable when he's shooting/just before he shoots...

Never seen anything like the twins happen before, that's kinda funny. I can confirm the main menu echoey music bug.

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 26 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

@pisketch, on Nov 26 2008, 06:44 PM, said in Eek! A bug!:

Spoiler

Actually, the final stage of the Creator does spawn things. However, he only does it when you hit him in the right spot. He's not the only videogame boss that's only vulnerable when he's shooting/just before he shoots...

Spoiler

I have been shooting at his "weak spot" when he's firing his laser of doom. It's just not working, I get that "shield" sound that means my shots are ineffective. And even when I do manage to hit it, chances are about 50/50 that he'll spawn any enemies so I can recharge.

You have to hit him before he fires the laser for it to work. I'm going to finish his Boss Strategies entry tonight or tomorrow.

Finally got the booger. Geez that took a while...

Are you able to reproduce the former again, and give instructions on how to do so?

Sorry I'm late, but I was rather stretched for time about a month ago and couldn't get Naija to Li's Cave in a new save fast enough. I'm going to try again now that school's over and see what happens, and if I can reproduce it in another save, give instructions on how to do it.

That's my 2 cents. I'm not really sure if it was worth the $30, but I haven't seen the entire game yet, so I guess I shall see.

It was. 😉

-Peter

Alright, I manged to reproduce the twins bug. Here's what you have to do:

Spoiler

1. Hook up with Li.

2. Leave him in the cave by clicking on his helmet.

3. Leave the cave.

4. Re-enter it.

5. There should now be two Lis: one near the entrance of the cave and one where Naija and Li met up in the eastern end of the cave.

(Spoiler Image)

I hope that does it for ya.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 19 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

Reproduced. Seems there'll always be two of him if you leave him there (or perhaps three as you can go back home and find him there too ;)).

I think the issue lies in scripts/maps/node_spawnli.lua:

dofile("scripts/entities/entityinclude.lua")

function init(me)
	if (isFlag(FLAG_LI, 0) and isMapName("VEIL01"))
	or (isFlag(FLAG_LI, 1) and isMapName("LICAVE")) then
		createEntity("Li", "", node_x(me), node_y(me))
	end
	if isFlag(FLAG_LI, 101) and isMapName("LICAVE") then
	end
	if isFlag(FLAG_LI, 102) and isMapName("VEDHACAVE") then
	end	
end

function update(me, dt)
end

Those last two if statements shouldn't be there (evidenced by the fact that spawnli doesn't even exist in vedhacave). It should just read:

dofile("scripts/entities/entityinclude.lua")

function init(me)
	if (isFlag(FLAG_LI, 0) and isMapName("VEIL01"))
	or (isFlag(FLAG_LI, 1) and isMapName("LICAVE")) then
	end	
end

function update(me, dt)
end

This post has been edited by Guy : 19 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

I've got another. Well, it's either a bug or a way to seriously abuse the game. :laugh:

Go to the top of the Sun Temple (Where

Spoiler

the memory of meeting Li

is found).

Once you've gotten to the top bubble, jump out to the side. But wait, now that I've explored one side, I want to explore the other! So back we go...

Hmm. Naija's to big to go back down between the light-well side and the side of the shaft. If only she had a smaller form...

I managed to perch on the light well, transform to fish, and drop down. Nearly success: there's a ledge at the bottom, preventing you from getting all the way back down. Of course, Naija doesn't have enough space to transform back to normal form at that point.

So... Can I climb as a fish?...

...Turns out the answer's no. But you can bounce really fast. I didn't seem to get much in the way of upward motion once I started bouncing. (Or downward motion either.)

It is fun to actually get the screen to shake from bouncing so fast though. :laugh: