Alot of rudeness....

There has been quite a bit of rudeness here about people's spelling, grammer.. etc..

Though some here are hard to understand, keep in mind that NOT EVERYONE has English as their native tongue, nor have they perfected it.

And people, PLEASE do we really need the "buy a mac crap". If they haven't read the board and noticed there are emulators and are asking for one fine... but honestly... there seems to be a lot of hostility towards people not on Mac OS. Their questions dont need to be insulted. Keep in mind.. this whole board and all your nifty EV/O stuff comes from a IBM 😛

So, can those of you who are guilty of this PLEASE not try and scare away people from the EV community? There are talented people out there, the last thing we need is some *** to bother them and scare them off.

Oh, and Jobs is not a hero... he is as evil as Gates 😛

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

mikee, your a bigger champion than me. And thats my name!! 🙂

------------------
If you fly, your a bird
If you swim, your a fish
If you walk, your an idiot.

OK. That was directed at me, wasn't it? Yeah, I get the point. Fine. I was out of line.

But the reason I cut sick at Champion WASN'T because he has a PC. Or because his grammar sucks. He's from Australia like me (and some others) and we speak good english, we does. Yub yub.

I went cut sick at him was because he got EV to work on his PC. You're not supposed to be able to do that. 🙂

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.

It wasn't all directed at you marid, there are ALOT of people who are doing the same PC-bashing, grammer Nazi act too...

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

PC's? Bad Grammer? NO SOUP FOR YOU! :mad:

Just kidding....

------------------
"Fine! I'll go play with myself! I'LL PLAY WITH MYSELF ALL NIGHT LONG!!" Cartman

Whats wrong with us ozzies gramma hey? we speak good and propper tounges. And the reast of yous bastarsd kan stick it. Okays?

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-

Goodness, what has happened to this site? The best Plugin, STEV, is missing from the download file!. If anybody knows where I can get it, please post it here...thanx!!!

jj wrote:
Goodness, what has happened to this site? The best Plugin, STEV, is missing from the download file!. If anybody knows where I can get it, please post it here...thanx!!!

JJ, i saw that message somewhere else. If you wanted everyone to see it, you should have registered and made it a topic.

------------------

Maybe I should call.

mikee J wrote:
**Though some here are hard to understand, keep in mind that NOT EVERYONE has English as their native tongue, nor have they perfected it.

And people, PLEASE do we really need the "buy a mac crap".

Hahahaha! Boy, if I had a dime everytime I saw that kind of post, I'd have enough to get that 500 Mhz G4 I've been wanting. 🙂

First off, your post is about as effective in trying to get what you want as a rug is to stop an earthquake. It won't do any good; people are going to flame people no matter what. I've seen it happen before; I'm sure I'll see it happen again.

As for the "buy a mac" stuff, well, if people would buy Macs, we wouldn't need to say that, would we?

------------------
EVula
(url="http://"mailto:evula@home.com")mailto:evula@home.com(/url)evula@home.com

Mmmmm... G4.... Drool
Just got one!

------------------
"Fine! I'll go play with myself! I'LL PLAY WITH MYSELF ALL NIGHT LONG!!" Cartman

I'd just like to add would you buy a PC for one or two games? And there is no reason to send a reply saying that there are no good games on PC.

------------------
If you fly, your a bird
If you swim, your a fish
If you walk, your an idiot.

Champion, what the hell are you on about? There are a lot of good games on PC. Nobody here will say otherwise. But how many of them are made by microsoft, and how many of them are ONLY on the PC?

Oh, and I don't know what I'm on about.

------------------

Maybe I should call.

My theory is that we're rude because we're all scum.

------------------

Drew4484 wrote:
**My theory is that we're rude because we're all scum.

I'll drink to that!

------------------

Maybe I should call.

Maridian wrote:
**I'll drink to that!

You'd drink to anything

------------------
999 macs to smash
999 macs
if i should drop one out of plane
998 macs to smash

(This message has been edited by champion (edited 03-04-2000).)

(This message has been edited by champion (edited 03-04-2000).)

What's wrong with correcting people's grammar? If they play EV/O, they must speak English, because EV/O is written in English. And most countries have English as a required language to be taught in schools.

I see nothing wrong with feeling a bit superior to PC users - they brag about how they all have the best games and how Macs are so inferior. We have EV/O, they don't, and they should get a Mac. And it's good advice - Windows is the clumsiest OS I've ever seen. Actually, I dislike Windows rather than the actual computer equipment - I think the ASW server runs Unix or Linux.

Now, what I had written before was much more elegant, but a screwed up version of IE on my library's Gateway ruined it.

------------------
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
-Gen. Jack Ripper, Dr. Strangelove