EV Pilots getting erased

So far, in EV, I've had a fully upgraded argosy pilot
with 2M erased, and an almost fully upgraded Corvette
with 6.5M erased for no reason, they just disappear from
the pilots folder!
Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Aneufeld wrote:
the pilots folder!

Haven't a clue, actually. You might try rebuilding your desktop; or try Sherlock or Find File to see if the pilot files have been moved somewhere; or using something like Notron Disc Doctor or Tech Tool to check your hard drive for problems. Obviously, files should not be disappearing for no reason. Hmm, you might also check for viruses if you havent recently.

Aneufeld wrote:
the pilots folder!

Hehe- that's what backups are good for. 🆒

------------------
-Basilisk-

"Let's see- hairdressers, hearing aids, hit men "

AIM: EVBasilisk

Yeah, backups are very handy. When playing Diablo, I'd back up ALL of my characters before I'd play, just so that if I got PKed, I wouldn't lose all my stuff (my cheating Sorcerer had Dreamflange for every item except Staff and Amulet).
You should try this tactic w/ EV. Especially since EV saves your game whenever you leave a planet; if you should get killed, or fail an important mission, or want to start somewhat-over, you can just revive an older pilot, and start from there.

------------------
EVula
evula@home.com
http://evula.cjb.net

EVula wrote:
Yeah, backups are very handy. When playing Diablo, I'd back up ALL of my characters before I'd play, just so that if I got PKed, I wouldn't lose all my stuff (my cheating Sorcerer had Dreamflange for every item except Staff and Amulet).You should try this tactic w/ EV. Especially since EV saves your game whenever you leave a planet; if you should get killed, or fail an important mission, or want to start somewhat-over, you can just revive an older pilot, and start from there.

I have at least seven different versions of the same pilot (each with backups). Two of them are doing the Confed missions, three are doing the Rebel missions and the other two are just sort of floating around (no pun intended). 🆒

------------------
-Basilisk-

"Let's see- hairdressers, hearing aids, hit men "

AIM: EVBasilisk

Are you playing version 1.0.5? There was a problem with earlier versions where pilots would be suddenly killed upon quitting.

KoS