EVGE...

Ok, a few things also, besides EVGE, also...

1. I'll bet most (or all...) of you have forgotten a little guy who once maintained a semi-regular presence on the BBS (the old one) but never posted much... THen, he left and stopped by only very rarely since then, onlyto maybe post a message or so... well, it was me, and just so you know, I plan on staying a while this time...

2. Since the last time I visited the BBS, there's been a /lot/ of changes... One major change in the EV site I noticed was that there aren't very many plugs being made... Is this true, or was that a premature judgement? To me, it seems that nobody's making plugs any more (or if they are, they don't seem to be maintainig them)...

3. Ok, finally, the EVGE part...
    --Has it even been updated in the last year?!
    --Has anyone actually found the Proxima mission string (w/o cheating)?
    --Has anyone played through the Orion missions all the way (again, w/o any kind of plug modification) without any trouble?

Ok, just wunnerin'... thanx

------------------
-N.Cypra
-Flamed
-Duke301a

Oh, BTW, I'm not having troubles on either of these strings due to skill. In fact, on the Orion missions, defeating the fleets is very easy. And, I've tested the proxima string to see if I had the right combat rating (yes, by modifying the plug to show the mission as a mission in the mis. comp.) and it turned out that I met all of the requirements.

SO, I just need to know if the Orion mission string has any breaks (like a mission doesn't lead to the next, even though it's supposed to), and that weather the Proxima ship ever does show up.

Thanx

------------------
-N.Cypra
-Flamed
-Duke301a

--Has it even been updated in the last year?!
No, but EVGEf (f is for final) will hopefully be out soon, Mike Lee is working on it.

--Has anyone actually found the Proxima mission string (w/o cheating)?
Nope, I've sat in that system landing and taking off forever and never go it.

--Has anyone played through the Orion missions all the way (again, w/o any kind of plug modification) without any trouble?
Yes, I have. There is a point where the Orion missions "end" and then you have to head towards the Polaris Alliance and work for them, when you finish those Orion will offer you more misisons.

Welcome back! I rember you. Well, about people making plugs. The truth is that many plugs are coming out, but are not being advertised. New Horizons, Galactic Scourge, and New Republic are a ferw of the recent ones. And some of the new ones are damn good.

Oh, as for your EVGE questions...
No it has not been updated, but EVGEf is on the way. (soon?)
Yes, Ive done the proxima string.
And yes, I have also done the entire Orion string.
"I believe!"
--QW12

You get the proxima string by rescuing a proxima ship. It is very rare, but it is gotten in the same manner as the alien missions. (which are very challenging and fun) and yes, the orion missions are very play-thru-able.

------------------
~(^..^)

About the proxima mission,

Every bar mission has a certain percent chance of occurring, and whether of not you can get the mission is determined each time you jump into an system where it is available (as long as you meet all of the prerequisite combat ratings, etc.)
I think (but I may be mistaken) missions offered by ships are the same way. In other words, landing and taking off won't do anything; you have to actually jump in and out of the system.

-Yoda

Yoda, I beg to differ. I've found that if you take a mission and abort it, all the missions will re-randomize. That's how I get multiple Zachit missions in EVO. It also works in EV. For that matter, where can I download EVGE? The BB certainly shows it's pretty cool, but the download site says, "Please check back later."

------------------
Sterling Valentine

"...turning the godhead of the ghôls into a monument to Balin's victory. Nothing has done more to sustain the mutual hatred since the ghôls raided the crypt at Myrgard for 'victuals'."

(This message has been edited by gorbyjones (edited 01-19-2000).)