Suggestion: Andrew, is there any way to search?

Dear Andrew,
Would it be possible to add a search engine to this BB like on the old disc boards so that people can search for their name or a topic keyword? This would make it much easier to check to see if anyone has answered your post far down a string or if anyone is trying to get your attention or discussing your post. I really can't see how it would work on this type of rigidly structured board though. I really miss the discussion abilities of the old disc boards and also the ability to scan the replies and choose which ones to read individually.
This BB set-up works great for the Ambrosia boards, but I think it may be too limited for the large number of hardcore posters in the EV/O community. At least you are allowing people to post about alternate boards. That is good.
I'll still be here, though; I like the friendly atmosphere. (knock, knock--I hope that doesn't change!)
Jude
judelk@yahoo.com

You can search for posts by a certain person by clicking the button on the right side of the person's name (the farthest to the left in the group of icons)

------------------
Micah L.
E-mail: (url="http://"mailto:mjlanier@home.com")mailto:mjlanier@home.com(/url)mjlanier@home.com

There's a Search hot link on the upper-right portion of your screen, below the "New Topic" and "Post Reply" buttons.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Thanks Micah! It seems to be limited to 200 posts and takes a while. Also, it only searches in the forum you are currently in, I think. The main drawback is that you can't seach unless you can find a post for that person in the first place (unless I am missing the obvious again) and you can't search by topic keyword.
Jude

Thanks Andrew! Yes, this seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Boy, I must be really tired to miss that. Sorry.
By the way, will the escape-velocity webpages stay up? It would be a shame to lose all the useful information, links, downloads, etc.
Jude

About the site. Ambrosia is going to re-do the EV site and give it a makeover (probably a large one at that), although I can't see them ditching all the info which already exists, no need to worry about that I think. 🙂

UEC