Misc

Since AW likes everything neat and tidy, here is a Misc. Topic section.

Anyways, since we are all Mac users does anyone know how I can make my Mac think I am running a version of Mac OS I am not?
Exactly where is the version info stored?

On an EV related note, does anyone know if Mac OS X will be able to run Mac OS apps at all? I am excited about it but worry that I will need two HD partitions to use my favorite apps. EV being one.

And Apple has talked about a 'smooth' transition to OS X over the next 12 months, does this included turning OS 9 to X without repartioning? Basically like updating from OS 8 to 9?

I can get OS 9 for $50 but I really dont want to spend it if I am going to get OS X in one year....

EV works for OS 9 right?

Any answer to any question will be appreciated.
Hey, does iTools work for 8.6 if I can get it?

Anyways, since we are all Mac users does anyone know how I can make my Mac think I am running a version of Mac OS I am not?
Exactly where is the version info stored?

well, there's the version info you can change thru res edit - copy the finder then open it in resedit.
that's not going to make your mac think you have a different version, though.
too smart. 🙂

On an EV related note, does anyone know if Mac OS X will be able to run Mac OS apps at all? I am excited about it but worry that I will need two HD partitions to use my favorite
apps. EV being one.

yes. goto [ Apple - Mac OS X - Inside{/url).

And Apple has talked about a 'smooth' transition to OS X over the next 12 months, does this included turning OS 9 to X without repartioning? Basically like updating from OS 8
to 9?
EV works for OS 9 right?
Hey, does iTools work for 8.6 if I can get it?

yes, i believe yes, and yes. but iTools is preety lame.

the one major thing i'm not going to like for a while about Mac OS X though is the "single window for each app" thing. however, Mac OS X is like freeBSD for a mac... so i guess it ain't that bad.

------------------
()rion Productions
~ Robin ( (url=http://"mailto: funky_cheeze@usa.net )mailto: funky_cheeze@usa.net](http://www.apple.com/macosx/inside.html "External link") funky_cheeze@usa.net