Uplink is a Game, Not Real Hacking

Insomniac, on Aug 24 2005, 08:38 PM, said:

Yeah, Ender thought it was just a game, too. Didn't he?
View Post

Heh. I laugh. Lol. Lol. Lol.

I thought to myself "Oh well, I might as well put my MSN identity into my Ambrosia profiles. Perhaps the people on the Cythera webboards would like to chat to me."

What do I get instead?

Russ
Hey mate. You just added me on MSN?

dd
i am a hacker and a new member of AMBROSIASW
ť wat about u

Initial confusion on my behalf:

dd
i wanted to buy PROXYDISABLER ,LOGDELETER,AND VOICE ANALYSER
ť do u know how i can get them there?

Russ
No. I don't think Ambrosia SW makes logdeleter, Proxydisabler or voice analyser. I think the main programs they make are a few utilities and games

I did a quick search through the Utilities section, and then, to my shock and horror:

dd
i can proof to u that they sell proxydisabler
ť go to http://www.ambrosiasw.com/support/faqs/faq...k=games/uplink/
ť check it out

That's right. He has managed to find the FAQ and somehow failed to realise it was a game. He somehow associated me with it, despite this being my first post here, and pester about hacking. When I told him it was JUST A GAME:

dd
u dont know the underground stuff thats why u say that

Well, he went on for a while before I blocked and deleted him. It made me laugh, but now that I'm posting it I feel kind of dirty... We come from the same planet...

This post has been edited by dusk : 25 May 2006 - 07:31 AM

Hahahaha. That's excellent. Thanks for sharing :).

I'll merge this with our stickied topic about Uplink being a game.

@dusk, on May 25 2006, 08:25 AM, said in Uplink is a Game, Not Real Hacking:

Well, he went on for a while before I blocked and deleted him. It made me laugh, but now that I'm posting it I feel kind of dirty... We come from the same planet...

Don't feel dirty! If their foolish enough to ignore this topic, the FAQ and the obvious lies we spit out, they deserve to get the runaround. I do it all the time on IRC.

I don't understand these people. At all.

Seriously, what sort of person doesn't think that the date of 2010, companies the world's never seen, and the ability to accelerate time, is slightly odd to find in reality?

I think it's more about people doing a google search for "hacking" (or somesuch) and ending up here.

We have another winner!

Sheesh, did some search engine just put this forum at the top of the illegal hacking searches or did the internet just get more stupid lately?

Jonas created Redline, this is just the clever-dumb balance restoring itself.

Haha.

I haven't been on these boards in well over a month. Why are people sending me messages for help with that sort of thing?

Ah well. At least they're putting in some effort. Not that that's necessarily a good thing.

Yeah, I get PMs like that all the time.

Introversion has it worse, maybe?

You'd be surprised.

Whee! Just got spammed in my PM inbox today for some kind of bank hack.

@prophile, on Nov 21 2006, 08:10 AM, said in Uplink is a Game, Not Real Hacking:

You'd be surprised.

You mean more than what I expect, or less?

Not even in the first page if you Google "hacking".

If you google "bank hacking" (without quotes), you get the very helpful site http://www.macgamer....nk_hacking.html as the top hit. Well, helpful if you're not trying to do it for real. So presumably these people say "hmm, maybe Uplink can help me", and search for "Uplink bank hacking" (without quotes) and end up in the oft-bumped http://www.ambrosias...showtopic=61589 at which point here they are.

In other words, it's all Frinkruds' fault ;).

@lord-rama, on Nov 22 2006, 06:14 AM, said in Uplink is a Game, Not Real Hacking:

You mean more than what I expect, or less?

Less.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by prophile : 13 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

Okay.

Thanks to whoever deleted that user's account.

Seriously, after even a few moments of thought in regards to the following, you'd think the person would notice a flaw in the reasoning.

hello, i have a bank account from chevybank in usa and i want to know if you can help me to transfer money to the account. once the money is transfer to the account we can duely go on agreement on sharing ratio of the money.i have my user name ,password and pin number for the account please reply me back as soon as possible.
thanks

Specifically, if I had the ability to access other people's bank accounts, why would I need your help?

Come on, people. Think.