Lan Help

I'm trying to do my first lan mission and I'm stuck. I have all the ver 3 lan software. I've tried connecting to the ARC lan and bypassing the monitor and proxy. Then I do a lan scan. After that I've tried probing the router repeatedly and also a bunch of the other systems, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've seen screenshots of lans with lines connecting computers, but I don't have any? Aren't these supposed to come from probing the systems. Also, if I try clicking on the items in the lan a connect button shows up, but nothing happens when I click on it. What am I missing? I've also tried connecting to the sample lan and have the same problems there.

@rib-rdb, on Nov 3 2006, 01:24 AM, said in Lan Help:

I'm trying to do my first lan mission and I'm stuck. I have all the ver 3 lan software. I've tried connecting to the ARC lan and bypassing the monitor and proxy. Then I do a lan scan. After that I've tried probing the router repeatedly and also a bunch of the other systems, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've seen screenshots of lans with lines connecting computers, but I don't have any? Aren't these supposed to come from probing the systems. Also, if I try clicking on the items in the lan a connect button shows up, but nothing happens when I click on it. What am I missing? I've also tried connecting to the sample lan and have the same problems there.

Okay... you have a target right (like a server?)? You need to disable ALL security locks that guard the target (if you click on the system... some yellow dotted boxes should appear around some locks and such). Disable those and THEN connect to the target computer.

BUT: Some security terminals (computers that you need to access inorder to disable security locks) have passwords and/or Elliptical Curves... use the Moniter Bypass Lv 5 (keep it on all the time along with the Proxy and Firewall Bybass' Lv 5) then crack the password.

I know it is hard because I have to hack the Darwin Associates Local Area Network for some files for ARC... and there is ONE security lock that I cannot reach to disable... it sucks...

Welcome to the boards, Grim007. Your attempt at helping Rib Rdb is appreciated, however you might have noticed that his post is from 2006. No doubt he's long forgotten to check back for an answer. I do hope you stick around though, and help out people with more contemporary issues ;).