newbie action!

general questions

hi there!

1. what is different from the demo to the registered version? can i enter the story mode in the demo?

2. what is a good website to get general computer/IT information on what this stuff is and how it all works? i'm a real computer novice when it comes to all of this LAN/hacking/IP/Firewall stuffs

@micklewhite, on Apr 20 2006, 03:57 AM, said in newbie action!:

hi there!

1. what is different from the demo to the registered version? can i enter the story mode in the demo?

I am not the definative source on this game, but the demo version denies access to some of the higher end equipment and missions. It still gives you a great "feel" for the game though- enough to let you decide wether or not to register.

@micklewhite, on Apr 20 2006, 03:57 AM, said in newbie action!:

1. what is a good website to get general computer/IT information on what this stuff is and how it all works? i'm a real computer novice when it comes to all of this LAN/hacking/IP/Firewall stuffs

Google is always good for general info, but I reccomend just digging in. There's a lot to be said for the good ol' trial and error method- unless you happen to be skydiving of course, but that's a completely different subject altogether.

Flyboy

Keep in mind though that Uplink is just a game and is nothing like actual hacking.