Possible to Get the Awesome Music in a Non-Unicode Format?

Uplink has one of the best soundtracks of any game I've played, and thus I've been looking for a way to get it into some other (mp3, wav, ogg) format than the unicode it decompresses to. Any help? Or am I already in trouble by trying to decrypt the files?

Peace. 🙂

They are available in various soundtracker formats on the web, just google their filenames.

Failing that, drop me an email (asw.prophile@gmail.com) and I'll send you the files.

Yah! Thanks a lot.

Dang! All of the links I found either have corrupted or false links, and the one site I found downloaded it in s3m format. Any help? I'm going to take Prophile up on their offer...

Check your email.

This is the first time I've seen Prophile's name used in the plural. Can it be that he's more than one...?

In other news, I haven't registered Uplink (not planning to do so soon), and I deleted it ages ago from both my HDs (computer and backup). I remember the music was friggin' awesome, though... that, and I almost was part of the How Do U Hack Outside Uplink? club — those who post here asking people like mrxak how to hack in real life. 😛

It's a bit of a dig, but here is a link to the Uplink Music, as converted by andcarne.

I remember that there had been a topic about how the Uplink music could be downloaded in Quicktime movie format, needed to be converted to AAC or whatever to be used without a full computer, but it could be downloaded. I do not remember where or when that topic was, though...