Missions not starting

They did last time

Ok, so I've played this game before and was cought with no gateway nuke so I had to start over since I couldn't find my backup. I remember that my rank was just at the unregistered cut-off, but I can't remember what that was called. I also remember that I got an email from the #1 agent just around the time he died in the news.
Now, I'm playing again, and my rank is Elite. I accepted a "Removal Job" or one of the similar ones and shortly after accepting it the suicide shows up in the news. When I complete the mission, the guy who just commited suicide gets arrested. So, not only is it just slightly strange that the guy got arrested for a crime he commited after he died, but I'm starting to think, "Isn't it about time I got that email?"
Anyone know what's up?

After the death shows up in the news, you have to email the folks that gave you the mission. First, you have to change the person's files (which you seem to have done), then wait for them to show up in the news (which you have done), then email the client (which you have not done) before they will give you the money.

xander

Nonono, you are misunderstanding me. How do you think I could become an Elite hacker without knowing how to reply to quests? Of course I replied and got the money! Try reading my first post again, more slowly, I'm talking about the ARC missions, when you get an email from the dead agent

Oh... I am sorry... I see what you are saying. Though, I must admit, I managed to get an Elite rating without doing any removals my first time through the game, so it was a concern for me the first time I tried those missions. As to the ARC missions, you have to comprimise the ARC mainframe before they will send you the email. So, hack into the server that is in the email that the agent sends you.

xander

I haven't even gotten the email from the agent yet, that's what I'm concerned about. I fast-forwarded a day or so and still nothing. Are you saying I have to hack ARC before I get the agent's email?.
I sure hope I don't have to start a new character again, because I have tons of money and all the best stuff, and I'd hate to come across less fortunate circumstances next time.

Hrm... that is odd. The email from the dead agent should show up within a week of his death. If it hasn't shown up yet, I don't know what to tell you. I am sorry. I wonder if removing the dude prevented some of those scripts from firing... On the other hand, if you wait a while, and watch the missions, other string missions should show up, eventually. If you don't respond to ARC, then someone else will, and other missions will show up in the standard place. On the other hand, you may have to start all over again. Sorry.

xander

A week eh? Well I don't think a week is quite up yet, but when it is, I'll just fast-forward like crazy and see what's up, and if I miss it, I guess I'll start over again. Oh well, the first bit doesn't take very much time. Thanks for the help.