WTF is wrong with LANs?

Seriously! What the freak is wrong with LANs in this game. I get a nice long trail of bounces set up, bypass all the security, run LAN scan, and when I try to run LAN probe... POOF! Nothing! EVERY TIME! I have to log out of the game (not quit) and then log back in as my character. When I do this, it works fine. This has happened with every single game I have ever played. I have run every version up to 1.3.4.

Is this a known bug and is there a fix? BTW, I am a registered user.

you need to run LAN probe on the router first, then the hub it's connected to etc.

Agent_Vast, on Jul 2 2005, 12:00 PM, said:

you need to run LAN probe on the router first, then the hub it's connected to etc.
View Post

Done that. I have done it both ways, and it will NOT show the connecting lines between the various LAN pieces. Why is this?! Is this a bug that anyone else has encountered?

Ringwraith, on Jul 3 2005, 04:17 PM, said:

Done that. I have done it both ways, and it will NOT show the connecting lines between the various LAN pieces. Why is this?! Is this a bug that anyone else has encountered?View Post

This is a rather annoying bug. It seems to be triggered consistently if you try to backup your agent.
-:sigma.SB

Hmm... Is there a fix for it, or is it just something I will have to continue to live with?

Before you run a probe, you will need to run a LAN scan on the entire network.

Once you have done that the probe should work.

Gamerman, on Jul 6 2005, 05:30 AM, said:

Before you run a probe, you will need to run a LAN scan on the entire network.

Once you have done that the probe should work.
View Post

I DO run the LAN scan. When I do this it shows me the various entities on the LAN, but LAN probe will not 'connect' them. I have to log out, log in again, redo my bounces, get the admin's voice again, and then hack the LAN. As long as I do it from a fresh login, it seems to work. But if I have played for any length of time, nada.

It's a bug with the Mac version, so you're just going to have to find a workaround.

(it's fixed in Onlink, so when that's released you should be fine)

Agent_Vast, on Jul 6 2005, 03:46 PM, said:

It's a bug with the Mac version, so you're just going to have to find a workaround.

(it's fixed in Onlink, so when that's released you should be fine)
View Post

Right now I am too lazy to Google this, so what is Onlink? I have heard it mentioned a few times but no details/info have ever been given. Is it an add-on to Uplink, or the game that is referenced at 128.128.128.128?

Hrm.

http://onlink-mod.net/

And please don't give out spoilers on the forum without warning kthx.