Mark Needs Help!

Hacking Encryption

This may be a really stupid question, but I just got the game yesterday, and I need some help. I was hacking a system that to copy a file I was warned was encrypted, but when I got in and went to the files, the file number I was looking for was gone. What does that mean? Until I figure it out I can't finish the mission <_<. Help?

It means you already deleted it or it was deleted by an NPC hacker.

You'll just have to abandon the mission, I'm afraid.

I once accidentally, after starting a new account, deleted the Uplink Test File instead of copying. Since I couldn't complete the mission, I couldn't get to the starting rank, so could do NOTHING.

haha, now tht's funny...wrong but funny.

What?! I have to abandon the mission. Doesn't that make people hate me 😞 ?

While I'm here, I have another stupid question. Why do the Passive Traces keep catching me. I always route through InterNIC as my first link, and after missions I always go back and delete my logs there. So why does it keep catching me. It's getting really annoying having to start over repeatedly. It's driving me crazy! :blink:

This post has been edited by Mark Falkon : 18 April 2005 - 07:33 PM

You have to delete the 'password accepted' log as well, and make sure you're using the highest version of Log_Deleter available in your current price range.

I know. I always delete everything except the "Link Established With..." thing. Today, just a couple minutes ago, my dude just got busted after robbing a bank for 603823, even though I did everything in my power to keep it from happening. I deleted all the logs in InterNIC and the statement saying money had been transferred to my account, and then deleted the statement saying my account had recieved money and I still got busted. It's driving my nuts :mad: .

You need to have the highest version of Log_Deleter before you attempt bank robberies... 😉

It's driving your nuts, eh? What exactly did you get busted with? 😉

Is your version of Uplink registered?

Abandonning a mission has no problem at all to the game plot.

But you may loose your actual Uplink agent rating.

(Which you can regain afterwards 😄 )

Mark Falkon, on Apr 20 2005, 06:11 PM, said:

I know. I always delete everything except the "Link Established With..." thing. Today, just a couple minutes ago, my dude just got busted after robbing a bank for 603823, even though I did everything in my power to keep it from happening. I deleted all the logs in InterNIC and the statement saying money had been transferred to my account, and then deleted the statement saying my account had recieved money and I still got busted. It's driving my nuts :mad: .
View Post

You have to delete the link established thing too. Thats pretty much the only thing they use.

Haha, when I saw the topic title, my first thought was "yup, I sure do!"