LAN view causes Uplink to quit

Is this the same 1.3.2 bug?

I am running Uplink 1.3.3 under Mac OS 10.3.7 on a G3 iBook

Yes, I sometimes have to quit the game and restart to get LAN probing to work, and I seem to find that mentioned in 1.3.2, also.

Details:
I connect to a local area network site, analyze the connection and bypass the monitors. Then, I click on the LAN view icon and sometimes I get the LAN and sometimes I find myself back in the finder with no Uplink running and no system dialog (" . . . unexpectedly quit . . ."). It seems to corrupt the user file if I just try it over and over again.

Sorry if this is reduntant. I did search the forums, but I might just be lame or lack a clue.

Other notes: I am usually running all of the usual hardware drivers, trace tracker, and of course Voice Analyzer with the sys admin all loaded up and ready to go. I guess that I have probably only tried this with something like a Trinity.

The only 1.3.3 release note I've seen was for improved system compatibility, so I guess I have no reason to think they corrected any 1.3.2 bugs.

I would be happy be enlightened and to work hit-and-miss if we are all waiting for the fix to come out.

Cheers,
-deustrux

p.s. I hate typos and learning where the different subject/description fields end up.

This post has been edited by Deustrux : 23 January 2005 - 03:52 AM

You really should download the full version of 1.3.3. The updater... doesn't work. Download the full version only.

mrxak, on Jan 23 2005, 01:17 AM, said:

You really should download the full version of 1.3.3. The updater... doesn't work. Download the full version only.
View Post

I am dubious.

I am pretty sure that I downloaded a complete game package originally, maybe in early December 2004. I am also pretty sure that I ended up getting it direct from Ambrosia because I was getting broken downloads from Mac Games (?I think that was were I just was?). I just downloaded a new package, and the file sizes and modification dates are identical, both in the Finder and when snooping around in Terminal.

Anyway, I will still give it a try with the new package and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion,
-deustrux

mrxak, on Jan 23 2005, 01:17 AM, said:

View Post

As suggested, I downloaded a complete 1.3.3. I still experience the same problem. Any further suggestions? I did inquire about the problem relative to beta-testing the update, but have not heard back.

-deustrux