What is InterNIC?

Do I have to use the banks to use InterNIC?

Oke guys i'm fairly new at this, so i'm gonna need a little help here.
I understand practically everything, so that's not a problem.
There's just one thing, what the hell is interNIC?
Do i have to be a internet banking user to be able to do this?

Thanx and greetz hector

In the future, please do not dig up very old topics. As your post was a question, I've moved it to its own new topic here.

oke

hectorcuper, on Jan 22 2005, 05:33 AM, said:

... what the hell is interNIC?
View Post

InterNIC is a central place to look up addresses, kind of like its function in the real world (check out www.internic.net). In Uplink, you can use it to get links for machines which the owners are willing to have listed. Don't expect to find anything secret there, although I suppose you might. You can use it to get a goodly store of links through which you can route your connections. You can also hack it rather easily and erase its connection logs (gee, why would you want to do that?). When doing that I still connect through another machine even though (as you may discover) there probably isn't any need.

In the real world, I think InterNIC is mostly responsible for tracking who registers IP addresses for each domain (.org, .net, .gov, etc.) and so on. I am not really sure and I think it has changed since I had some clue. You can check out the web site.

Sorry that I couldn't supply snittiness or superior attitude,
-deustrux

Is there any web-site on witch i can find some more info on hacking bankaccounts?
And is there a legal way to test and refine my hacking skills?

You do realize that Uplink is a game, don't you?

Indeed.
Your Uplink user account has been deleted.
Please keep our going ons confidential in the future.

Sure i realize it's a game, but knowing a vieuw REAL hacking tricks would help me a lot in the game, won't it?
And yes i am actually interested in knowing how to hack a real bank, but that sort of info pobably won't be given to me on this forum, or does it?

Damn straight. Unless you're blind, you'll notice the pinned topics here. One of them is titled "Uplink is a game, not real hacking". I suggest you read it. It's rather self-explanatory.
Furthermore: We're a bunch of posers. We know little to nothing about hacking. We could find out, if we wanted to get arrested.

No.