new and addicted to uplink

I don't know how I stumbled upon this game so late, but I stumbled hard and I am now totally addicted.

But from what I can tell the game is on its way out... websites rarely updated, this forum rarely looked at.

Did I miss all the fun!?

Uplink was wildly popular for about three months. Then everyone got bored and left. Only a handful of us remain here. I'm here because nobody else will be. The rest of the people are here because either they've found the game quite late like you or for some reason want to be.

I choose to stay here.

nfreader thinks he might get something out of it ;).

No no no, I'm in it for the fun of it.

Uplink++

Uplink is fantastic. I've never tired of it.

I left these forums because of the dangers around.

nfreader, I know your secret. I know your plans for eternal domination of all. I know.

Rickton, on Jan 14 2005, 09:28 PM, said:

nfreader, I know your secret. I know your plans for eternal domination of all. I know.
View Post

You don't even have the faintest idea...

I'm watching you all and laughing.

Haha, joke's on you. I'm ugly.

That's why I'm laughing.

I got bored of uplink because at a certain point, (ie. after you manage to get a million or more credits from a bank server) the game became very easy, and thus, boring.
This was probably becuase a lot of the challenges designed to make the game much harder, can be bypassed with enough powerful software and a better gateway.
While it lasted though, it was a great game.

Many gamers prefer to steal only 1 credit from any bank hack. It does make the game harder, while still allowing nice boosts in rating.

I know that you can do it that way, but by the time I dicided to play like that, I had already beaten the game, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.