Uplink rating problem

I got no more missions

I have done few missions now.
i have gained rank of Novice, but after i done all the mission in the list, nothing happens
i have the version 1.3.3 (or sumthing like that) i have made few accounts to test this out but same goes on. what should i do?

Turn the game on ultra-speed and wait for a bit. Missions will show up.

This has happened to me a lot, and afraid to tell you, there isn't much you can do but what Rickton says. For me, I usually do this, and then if nothing happens, I quit the app and restart it, but it does take some time for new missions to appear.

One alternative solution that many people overlook, is to simply play slower.

All kidding aside, just fast-forward your time.

The whole no missions avaliable thing, has always been one of the few things in Uplink that really ticks me off. Of course, when I get powerful enough, I like to just go around destroying computer systems and people's lives.

But when you are just starting out, that kind of thing can be really anoying.

There are plenty of other things to do when there are no missions available. But you have to realize, that there aren't going to be hundreds of missions available all the time.

mrxak, on Dec 12 2004, 01:42 AM, said:

There are plenty of other things to do when there are no missions
available.View Post

Really, even when you are starting out?

Like what for example?

You could always...um...yeah. What can you do when you're low level?

I guess you could practice breaking into REALLY low securtiy machines...

Gamerman, on Dec 12 2004, 06:42 PM, said:

I guess you could practice breaking into REALLY low securtiy machines...
View Post

Destroy the Uplink Test Machine!

Did this for kicks after retrieving the test data file from it. Then went paranoid and used Log Deleter v4 on InterNIC.

I find that destroying systems is not advisable until you're forced to by the storyline or missions. Occasionaly you'll get missions back to older systems, and if you've destroyed them, you're pretty much screwed.

Once I deleted the file on the Test Machine instead of copying it and I was unable to do anything else since you can't get any missions until you do that.

Rickton, on Dec 18 2004, 05:21 PM, said:

Once I deleted the file on the Test Machine instead of copying it and I was unable to do anything else since you can't get any missions until you do that.
View Post

Uplink restored all the data on the Test Machine after its destruction. Took a day or so to do, but the machine was back in place with all files intact.

Yup yup.