Bank mission

Help needed please

Hi, not sure if this is me doing something wrong, or a glitch. I got one of the "Donation" missions in which I had to transfer 1000c from one account to another. i hacked the accounts, made the transfer (which, according to the bank, was succesful), deleted the traces etc. When I replied to the mission, I got a reply saying that the money hadn't been transfered. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong, or not doing, as the case may be?

Did you disable the proxies?
I remember having this problem before, I don't remember how I fixed it, I think you have to disable/bypass the proxy server.

Agent napalm, on Nov 24 2004, 12:46 AM, said:

Hi, not sure if this is me doing something wrong, or a glitch. I got one of the "Donation" missions in which I had to transfer 1000c from one account to another. i hacked the accounts, made the transfer (which, according to the bank, was succesful), deleted the traces etc. When I replied to the mission, I got a reply saying that the money hadn't been transfered. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong, or not doing, as the case may be?
View Post

Order-of-operations is important, here.

• Bounce-and-connect

• Bypass the monitor (if you can)

• Hack the password

• Bypass/disable the proxy and firewall

• Make the transfer

• Send the reply mail

• Delete the transfer log

• Disconnect

• Clear your logs from your first bounce

The order-of-operations in bold are important here; if you delete the transfer log and then reply to the mail, then the game doesn't recognize that you completed the mission. This requires you to have time to send the reply mail and wait for a response while you're being traced. Set up a few more bounce points for this purpose.

If I may speculate: This could be a bug in the game; the programmers might have meant for the game to do a check on the transfer logs of the account you sent the money to , not the account you sent the money from.

James Chin, on Nov 24 2004, 06:29 PM, said:

Order-of-operations is important, here.

• Bounce-and-connect

• Bypass the monitor (if you can)

• Hack the password

• Bypass/disable the proxy and firewall

• Make the transfer

• Send the reply mail

• Delete the transfer log

• Disconnect

• Clear your logs from your first bounce

The order-of-operations in bold are important here; if you delete the transfer log and then reply to the mail, then the game doesn't recognize that you completed the mission. This requires you to have time to send the reply mail and wait for a response while you're being traced. Set up a few more bounce points for this purpose.

Thanks. I was deleting the logs before replying to the email.

Don't delete the log...
send the reply..
then wait for the confermation......
then delete the log....

Pjayferrer, on Nov 25 2004, 07:50 AM, said:

Don't delete the log...
send the reply..
then wait for the confermation......
then delete the log....
View Post

Correct. Make sure you bounced through enough systems so that you can wait for the reply; waiting on this is going to cost you several seconds.