Arunmor Mission #4

I am currently working on Arunmor mission #4, the one where you have to penetrate ARC's LAN. I can get through the LAN ok, but as soon as I connect to the main server, the admin starts hunting for me. I barely get to the file server before I'm booted. I have bypassed (not disabled) the security systems, and erased my logs after every try. Is there some way that I can get enough time to at least copy one file before I am booted?

Thanks,
Bryce

------------------

No. Bounce more. As soon as you get on to the system, start. The Admin siren starts about a second after you get on. One second of precious file copying time.

------------------
Vast__
QUOTE "All games die eventually except for Starcraft which will live forever..."
Long Live Ares, Starcraft, Uplink and Cythera!
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum61/HTML/001202-27.html")See my infamous death in the Blue Mushroom Pub!(/url)

I had a similiar problem, and bouncing will likely not help much (if at all) for slowing down the admin. It can be tricky, but even if you're one machine away from the server when you enter (ie: modem), its still possible to manage it.
A few tricks:

1. Start your voice analyzer before you connect to the server, then click on the Voice access part just as its ending. This will cause an entry as soon as the writing is done being written, instead of the words being spoken.
  2. Have file copiers ready in the middle of your screen, and your hard drive open and ready. It takes some fast reflexes, but it can be done.
  3. Just try to get one file at a time, and make sure to put it into your hard drive, as just copying it will be erased if you're booted.
  4. Don't close the voice recording, odds are you'll need to reenter more than once.
  5. Be quick. It's kinda obvious to begin with, but its true. You're going to have to be quick.
  6. Having the password cracker open to begin with is an option, but only if you have a very fast computer (which, I speculate, you do), as more processing will be required to run it.
  7. Always make sure to crank up your password cracker as soon as you start on it.
  8. If/when you get all your files, turn them in to Arunmor and complete the mission, I recommend you use Revelation to nuke the LAN, its very thereputic (note, make sure mission is completed first, this is a "Murphy's Law" mistake waiting to happen)

Good luck, its not easy.

------------------
-TDD-
"Verizonish" -Texas Rangers' Outfielder Carl Everett, when asked how he felt after being hit with a cellphone during a game.