ARC Mission Problem

I would have done a search, but the feature is currently disabled. Oh well...

The specific mission I am referring to is ShinyHammer. It is the second-to-last mission in the ARC storyline. I looked at the Uplink guide after I could not do the mission and this is what it says:

"Description: First of all, you will need to get the link for the Arunmor Central Mainframe. You can do this by hacking the Arunmor Internal Services Machine and going to the links section. Once you have done this, connect to the Arunmor Central Mainframe, bypass the Monitor, Proxy and Firewall, and break through their security. Enter the console, and delete everything from the usr and sys directories, and when that is done, shutdown the system and disconnect. Clear your logs and then reply to the mail (do not wait for it to appear in the news)."

The first thing I noticed is that the mission description has no mention of the mainframe - only the LAN. However, when I killed the LAN (hacked into the main server and deleted the USR and SYS directories) the reply I got was that the "central mainframe does not seem very damaged'. So I found that IP address and killed it as well - using the same method (cd usr/delete/cd ../cd sys/delete/shutdown). This has killed every system up to this point for me. But when I did the mainframe like this, I still got a reply 'the central mainframe does not appear too damaged'. I replied before it made the news.

What am I doing wrong?

------------------
"Always listen to the experts. They will tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."
- The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
There are things more annoying than using MS Windows... but I can never remember what they are.
-Me

POSSIBLE SPOILER

I struggled over the same mission for so long. Anyway, hack into their LAN and run the Revelation virus.

------------------

Originally posted by suydam:
**POSSIBLE SPOILER

I struggled over the same mission for so long. Anyway, hack into their LAN and run the Revelation virus.

Oh shoot. How do I get it? I deleted it off my machine to make room for all the Darwin data files that I needed to steal.

I checked on the ARC file server and it's not there. On the other hand, I could hack into ARC's central mainframe... maybe it would be there.

------------------
"Always listen to the experts. They will tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."
- The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
There are things more annoying than using MS Windows... but I can never remember what they are.
-Me

bump

------------------
"Always listen to the experts. They will tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
There are things more annoying than using MS Windows... but I can never remember what they are. -Me
Obligatory (url="http://"http://www.evula.com")"E"(/url) Link. Yes, Windows DOES suck; No, there's nothing you can do about it.

I have ARC qustion too. After the first mission when it tells me to lay low for a while, I think I did something wrong. It has now been almost a month since I got that letter and they have not sent me anything. What did I do wrong. (FYI, I deleted that letter, did I have to reply to that?)

------------------
Now where was that
torpedo? AHHHHH!!!

All I want to know is where do I put the RevelationTracer and how to start it. Is that to much. Please tell me.

------------------
Please Someone HELP!!!!!!!

High Caliber - No, you do not need to do anything. Eventually you will get a new mission that will tell you what to do next. I do not know what the wait time is, but you are supposed to simply receive the next mission.

Cizer Kozay - the Revelation_Tracer needs to be put on the server in the mission description. I believe it is the ARC Internal Systems Server. Check the mission description. From there, you will need to use file_copy to copy the tracer from your memory banks to the file server. You might need to delete a file to make room for it. From there, access the console (admin -> console) and type in the following commands:

cd usr
run revelationtracer

Wait for it to say it is listening and then get out and cover your tracks.

Lastly, it is impolite to hijack subjects like this. You should have looked around to see if the problem is answered elsewhere (use the search feature when it is enabled) or posted a new topic. Any registered user can do it.

------------------
"Always listen to the experts. They will tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
There are things more annoying than using MS Windows... but I can never remember what they are. -Me
Obligatory (url="http://"http://www.evula.com")"E"(/url) Link. Yes, Windows DOES suck; No, there's nothing you can do about it.