Story and timing minor spoilers.

I have advanced a fair way into the game, I have an Uber-Skilled ranking and I'm #6 among other Agents. I have all bypassers and I just started hacking Lans.

But I haven't played any of the story. I see news posts, but I didn't have the software to pursue any bounty for info. Or follow up on the email from the dead agent (ARC).

I read somewhere here that the game ends on a fixed date. Am I behind? And can I ever catch up? Or am I resigned to hacking in a storyless world...like a real job.

------------------

What's the date? If the Faith Progress log shows up on Uplink's Internal Server then it's probably too late.

------------------

Faith progress board is up. I never got the ARC email asking me to work for them, and no Arunmor jobs appear on the Mission board (even though their news post said that they would)

Is this a bug? I had played the game 3 times before (unregistered), I had to restart once I registered because I wasn't able to create a Stock Market account.

But I wasn't playing slowly. I wouldn't take jobs attacking other hackers...trying to keep my Neuromancer rating up.

I mean, I don't see how I could possibly have all the software I need to Hack the ARC mainframe when I get the Email. What gives?

------------------

You don't need to actually hack into ARC at that point, just log on and try to use the password the dead agent gave you and log off. Don't delete your logs. Sometimes, you'll also get the story line by accepting a mission from ARC. Also, keeping up your neuromancer rating can be a serious deterrent to making money.

------------------