Decisions, Decisions

I just accepted a mission to find out about a clients bank account, and to my surprise, the person they want to know about is ME!! Should I tell them how much I have? (0 credits, its just for a bounce), and why do they want to know>>

------------------
Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordian.
"You're dumb." -Rawzer to whitedevil and whitedevil2

That situation shouldn't arise, I believe. In the PC version, when a mission is against you, when you attempt to accept it, it gives a message saying the employer doesn't want you to do the mission for them, or something like that.

------------------
-scope
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
I feel like a genocidal maniac when emacs asks me if I want to kill 10789 characters.
Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01,10,11

I think I'm in the same boat. I'm up to level 10 I think and most of the missions are to trace a hacker. There are like 8 of them in there - and I can't get any of them. When I contact them they say that the person specificly asked not to be contacted by me. Guess I'm making a difference....

------------------

I..uh..already accepted it, thats how I saw the person I was tracing was me. The name is the same, and the ID is the same, and I already have the mission...

------------------

While you cannot do missions that will result in you having to get yourself arrested (like the trace hacker ones) you will occasionally get missions to hack your own account. They are nice and easy as no hacking is required so I'd just be thankful and take the peoples money. 🙂

------------------
(url="http://"http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com")The Uplink Directory(/url)

I'm popular!!! I accepted one of those "Ouur colleage wishes to make a donation", finished it, and later realized the person the money was sent to was me! I think that the random bank accounts you hack should exclude yourself

------------------

I..uh..already accepted it, thats how I saw the person I was tracing was me. The name is the same, and the ID is the same, and I already have the mission... <<

I just got one of those, asking about one of my auxiliary accounts, that I keep just to make traces take longer. Boy was that easy money.

But shortly thereafter I got a weird notice that my main account had a loan and they were charging me interest on it. Huh? What loan? (Upon checking the account, by golly, there it was).

Worse yet, I had just bought stuff, and couldn't pay off the loan.

So I figure someone hacked my account. And I wonder if there was a connection between that assignment and the loan. Hmmmm.

------------------
r

You start with a 5000 credit loan, which remains until you paid it off.

------------------

Originally posted by Andcarne:
**You start with a 5000 credit loan, which remains until you paid it off.

Oh! I suppose that I never bothered to check the loan page, because it doesn't show up in the balance from your $ button.

Well, all taken care of. I'm glad I don't have to be more paranoid than usual.

Thanks.

------------------
r

Actually you start with a 3000 credit loan

------------------