How to get arrested???

Hey guys,

Probably a bug, but still wanted to ask...

I reached "TERMINAL" status and backed up my file. I then logged back into Uplink with my user and tried to get caught. First, I directly (no bounce) broke into a bank and got caught (wow what a surprise 🙂 ), I got the spiel of being disavowed and all accounts and the gateway had been seized... let this be a warning...

I ended up back at the log in screen and used the same agent. Instead of getting my final stats I ended up with my agent, gateway, accounts still all active.

I tried to break into government servers, banks, internal servers, but always with the same result! Is this because I've reached "TERMINAL" status or a bug? How can I see how many lives I've ruined (Yes of course I've got a Neuromancer rating of "morally bankrupt") ?

Thanks for the help,

Phillyman

------------------
OOPS: After rereading the subject title of this post, I should clarify something. It shouldn't be "arrested" but "caught with an active/passive trace". This does bring up a different question though can one even get arrested? Guess I found something new to try... 🙂

(This message has been edited by Phillyman (edited 06-25-2003).)

Make sure your backed up file is not inside your users folder. It will cause your game to never save.

------------------
"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith."
-- Albert Einstein