Saving....

Alright, I am deep in the ARC and counter-ARC story lines (2 s, 1 in each) and I start the game up etc.... Do a few missions and then log off and quit. Start the game up later and log on again... And the file reverted to the last time I played (so none of the missions done I did before- same time, no new programs, upgrades etc.) SO I did everything again and tried just quiting out while still in the game. Started up again, same thing with the reversion... Did a few thigns, direct quit again let it sit for a while (hours, not minutes) started up, same reversion... Anyone have any suggestions on how I can undo this reversion problem?

One other weird thing..... I had a and got bored with him. (I hacked a bank and stole all the money I'd even need, bought everything and the game lost the challenge) I deleted him (trash can, and emptied) then restarted Uplink and created him again. Went though the whole thing with loggin on to Uplink and creating him, downloaded the stuff, got in to the game and it was my old with everything he had before. Any ideas about why THAT happened?

------------------

1--By any chance did you duplicate one of your users, changed his name, and thats the one that wont work? I dont think you can do that (wouldnt save for me when I tried it)

2--Not a clue

------------------
Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordian.
"You're dumb." -Rawzer to whitedevil and whitedevil2

What I've found out is this:

If you create a user backup, the first time you log in with that user and quit it, there will now be two new users. There will be your backup, and there will also be another user file. If you changed the name of your backup, there will be a user with the backup name and a user with the original name. Always take the backup out of the folder, or every time you log out of Uplink the backup will copy itself over the original user name. It's all really confusing.

Just remember to take your backup file out of the users folder.

------------------
Trust is a weakness.