Defining tiles

Confused on how to make floors work properly? 😕 In the MASCOT reference guide, when Jodeo says to type 202, 203, etc., he is talking about spikes. Floors will work if you type "3" in the box below each floor tile. (Go to "Define BG tiles") Ferazel can now walk on floors! Yay! 😄

-Ferazel_999

------------------

Or better yet, never use FG spike tiles at all. They are evil and buggy.

The use of spikes, found in the Enemies menu, is strongly encouraged in lieu of FG tiles.

------------------
Some time past the 20th square, 18 and 16 shall align, and the shift shall come. -- All shall be revealed in time, comrades. (10.27)

Originally posted by spamguy:
**Or better yet, never use FG spike tiles at all. They are evil and buggy.

The use of spikes, found in the Enemies menu, is strongly encouraged in lieu of FG tiles.

We all know this, but can they be used as crunch tiles? Didn't think so 🙂

------------------
Signature currently in development.

Originally posted by Thok:
**We all know this, but can they be used as crunch tiles? Didn't think so:)

Yes they can be used as crunch tiles, still painful if you happen to step on them, but will brake when fired on on spinning jumped apon.

------------------

Originally posted by Salrillian:
**Yes they can be used as crunch tiles, still painful if you happen to step on them, but will brake when fired on on spinning jumped apon.

I know, I was talking about the sprite spikes.

------------------

Origianlly posted by Spamguy:

Or better yet, never use FG spike tiles at all. They are evil and buggy.

Go Spamguy! Go Spamguy! They are so evil it makes me jealous. :mad:
FG spikes are also sparkly in some levels. And you may tend to go through them as if you had drinken a Mist Potion.

-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999

------------------

Be warned as well that in certain cave FG sets, there are wall and ceiling spikes
these do no damage and you are unable to climb on them (Incase you didn't know)

------------------

**Be warned as well that in certain cave FG sets, there are wall and ceiling spikes

It's always a good idea to check your FG and BG tile values before you try and play a level. Even using the original tilesets doesn't mean that they will be as you want them - for instance if you redo the first level in FW without changing any of the values the ziridium brine is very painful. It's a serious indictment of my character that my family - who tested for me - thought it was deliberate.

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

**Be warned as well that in certain cave FG sets, there are wall and ceiling spikes

Actually, FG spikes are climbable. Spirite spikes are un-climbable unless you have ice wall. I know FG spikes are climbable because I have been able to climb them in my world. 😉

------------------

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**It's always a good idea to check your FG and BG tile values before you try and play a level. Even using the original tilesets doesn't mean that they will be as you want them - for instance if you redo the first level in FW without changing any of the values the ziridium brine is very painful. It's a serious indictment of my character that my family - who tested for me - thought it was deliberate.

I didnt actually know that there were FG and BG tile values for ceiling and wall spikes, since every time I've tried, it's never worked

------------------
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions.

**I didnt actually know that there were FG and BG tile values for ceiling and wall spikes, since every time I've tried, it's never worked

Yes there are values for them: left wall=200, ceiling=201, right wall=202
They work well enough if you just want a very small amount of spikes.

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**They work well enough if you just want a very small amount of spikes.

...Or if you want some to be crunchable, or if you want some to be hidden by FG overlay tiles... 😉

------------------

Bump
Ouch...
About FG spikes...Bump Eerrgh...Bump Enough with the golf balls!
FG spikes, as far as I know, do only half damage to Ferazel,Bump these golf balls are doing full damage to me...Spirite spikes do full damage.

------------------

Originally posted by Ferazel_999:

Bump
Ouch...
About FG spikes...Bump Eerrgh...Bump Enough with the golf balls!
FG spikes, as far as I know, do only half damage to Ferazel,Bump these golf balls are doing full damage to me...Spirite spikes do full damage.

Are you sure that its not just the info for spikes that makes them do 1/2 damage? Because my FG spikes seem to do full.

------------------
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions.

**Are you sure that its not just the info for spikes that makes them do 1/2 damage? Because my FG spikes seem to do full.

Actually, you can set how much damage they do. I could look it up if you want.

------------------

**Actually, you can set how much damage they do. I could look it up if you want.

yeah, that would be nice.

------------------

**yeah, that would be nice.

Alright then.

I have two sources, one says its Level info (4), and the other says its level info (5). I'm too lazy to test it out and figure out which.

100 is about one 'unit' of health. So, logically, 200 would be two units, 50 would be half a unit, and such.

Hmm...
/me considers making spikes that cause instant death...

------------------

**Alright then.

I have two sources, one says its Level info (4), and the other says its level info (5). I'm too lazy to test it out and figure out which.

100 is about one 'unit' of health. So, logically, 200 would be two units, 50 would be half a unit, and such.

Hmm...
/me considers making spikes that cause instant death...

Both seem to work, thanks.

------------------