eMail from Neo

Okay, I know this is the beginning of the storyline. But what should I do? I've hacked the ARC Central Mainframe. But what should I do there? I accidentally deleted Neo's eMail... Does this nullify anything? Also, Neo's username and password didn't work, so I had to hack the Admin.

------------------
Keep what ye c'n git, an' keep what ye ha'e, for that is the wey t' gettin' rich - Old Scottish Commoner Saying - "Mac users are loyal. PC users are stubborn

I take it Neo was your top agent. In mine it was different. Sadly, I dont know, so youll have to look furthur than I can to find out.

------------------
Now pass this on! If you don't, you'll be eaten by crocodiles.

So, what did you do when you got the eMail? (Just so I know how far you've gone)

------------------
Keep what ye c'n git, an' keep what ye ha'e, for that is the wey t' gettin' rich - Old Scottish Commoner Saying - "Mac users are loyal. PC users are stubborn

The "dead agent email" (name is random) gives you the username and password. They don't work. Shortly therafter, ARC sends you a mail.

That's all I'll say for now.

------------------
I am both worried and saddened by nationwide news of increasing rates of anxiety and depression.
The creator of RedshirtX and GatewayX (not yet public)

Hmm... I haven't gotten an eMail from ARC yet. So I should wait till then?

(edit) I just read the News report of the agent that died. Since I'm unregistered, I should register now in order to progress through the storyline? Will I be able to use this user when I'm registered? (/edit)

------------------

Originally posted by The Space Between:
**So, what did you do when you got the eMail? (Just so I know how far you've gone)

me? I deleted it too. I got to the ARC missionset by accepting missions like normal. When the ARC were sponsoring a mission, when I tried to cash in, they instead gave me 10000 credits and gave me another mission. The annoying part about this way is that no matter what you try, there is no way to beat that mission or delete it other than aborting it.

I think this is a pretty big bug, as it doesnt just happen with those missions, but also with missions furthur on down the line.

------------------
Now pass this on! If you don't, you'll be eaten by crocodiles.

Actually, I just kept on sending the mission accomplished message. every time I did, ARC would send me another 10K. After a while the original mission was finally accepted as being complete.

Made a nice tidy sum though...

------------------

Pisses me off I accidentally deleted the email... Oh well. I'll just hack that bank account I found with 90k in it. 🙂

------------------

Wow... all I did was hack an account I got from one of the "trace a bank transaction" missions with more than $1 million in it. Transfer, delete logs... papa got a new gateway. 😄 Anyways, I just got this email, and my friend told me about this cool tidbit. Look in the ARC logs and you'll see someone copying a file with the name "revelation" in it. You write down the IP and the time, then connect to the IP you just wrote down. Look for a log with the same time, and write THAT IP down, etc. You're basicly tracking the guy who copied the file.

Apparently, the trial will eventually lead you back to the #1 hacker's computer, where cool stuff happens, but I couldn't trace the trail! It lead through a public access server, which I can't find the logs for... anyone know if there are any of these logs?

------------------

About the ARC crap. I hacked into ARC not using that guy's password. Got 4 IPs from the log there. One IP led to a computer named: Sean Cadwallader's Personal Computer.

You name may differ. The point is that this is the guy's CPU!!! However, any way I try to access the damn thing, it says that external connections are refused! ARG!!! I know you have to get in there to get a file. How do you get into the guy's personal CPU???

I don't have the game as of yet, but I would like to know if there is the potential for social engineering or even writing your own programs within the confines of the game. Oh, and this game looks crappy compared to ACTUAL hacking.

Originally posted by Real Hacking:
I don't have the game as of yet, but I would like to know if there is the potential for social engineering or even writing your own programs within the confines of the game. Oh, and this game looks crappy compared to ACTUAL hacking.

Dont waste your time getting the game or even bothering about it. Its ASWs worst yet (No offense).

Unregistered Guest Raving The Board With No Intent For Evil Like "User Hiding His Identity"