Proxy bypasser, how does it work?

I've finally been able to afford a proxy bypasser but can't figure out how to run it. To make the disabler work you just pressed "go". Now, I can't accomplish missions with the bypasser that I could with the disabler. There are 4 buttons on it; x - closes it; a red button; a P; and a parallel sign (i think). Could someone please tell me how they work? Should I bring up the Hud first? I've tried dragging the disabler onto it and various other things but, nothing has worked so far. Thanks.

------------------

you need the HUDConnectionAnalyser. When you get that, a little screen pops up when you click its box (its a little box like your finances, your gateway, your email, etc) and that shows your connection as well as the various things that are connected to it. Sometimes itll have 1 thing, usually a monitor, sometimes 2 (a monitor and a proxy generally), or even full security with all 3, a monitor a proxy and a firewall. The proxy bypass is tons better than the disabler, as it takes next to no time to work. Coupled together with the monitor bypass, and your bank missions will be pretty much untimed (did 6 missions involving as many banks and didnt once get a countdown to being traced). Since you are most likely working on the securities at the International Social Security place, the bypass works wonders, esp when compared to the disabler.

------------------
Now pass this on! If you don't, you'll be eaten by crocodiles.

Thanks for responding so fast. I do have the HUDConnectionAnnalyser. I bought it before the Proxy disabler. But, I still don't don't how to run P disabler. I tried dragging it onto the the HudCA but that didn't work. Any more tips? Thanks again.

------------------

Originally posted by suydam:
**Thanks for responding so fast. I do have the HUDConnectionAnnalyser. I bought it before the Proxy disabler. But, I still don't don't how to run P disabler. I tried dragging it onto the the HudCA but that didn't work. Any more tips? Thanks again.

Easy:

1. Bring up the HUD:Connection Analyzer.
2. Software > Bypassers > Proxy Bypass
3. Click on the "Proxy" icon (it will appear as a diamond with the word "Proxy" over/under it). The Proxy Bypasser will "slide" into place, and the red light will turn green.

Follow the same steps for the firewall and monitor bypassers.

------------------

What's better, the bypasser or the dissabler?

Originally posted by cipher:
What's better, the bypasser or the dissabler?

The bypasser, no question. The disabler will set off a trace as soon as you launch it, and takes time to finish. The bypasser is invisible, and works instantly. Costs a little more in the short run, but very much worth it in the long run.

------------------

(This message has been edited by athagon (edited 05-31-2003).)

Thanks, it worked!

------------------

Originally posted by suydam:
**Thanks, it worked!

Glad I could help. 🙂

------------------

(This message has been edited by athagon (edited 05-31-2003).)