A few questions for the more experienced

I haven't been playing the game for very long but I can do quite a few things however there are a couple of things that I can't figure out.

I have done three bank hackings and a major delete of files on the Eclipse machines.

Q1. Although I have deleted all the files from the Eclipse file Server that the mission asked when I reply to the company that requested that they say that they haven't heard any damage being done. What do I have to delete to make them happy???

Q2. I definitely remember hacking into Eclipse Mainframe deleting some more files. But every time I am trying to connect there now it tells me that this server cannot be accessed from public addresses. So how can you enter this system? Now the third questions is the reason that I want to get into that system.

Q3. Although I have deleted all the traces from my bank hackings - deleted my statements the other persons statements and the banks logs about me and them plus of course my call bouncing traces I am being caught and being disavowed. Tow sub questions here, if I have left traces then they are only on the Eclipse machine so how in the world I go about getting in the mainframe. The other is after my charachter is being disabled is there any way to tell which company was the one that was on my trail ? can this be done from my usr file or any other way?

Q4 and one last question if I have another decent hacker account can I hack into the Uplink systems server and change the record of the character that was disavowed ? anyone ever checked that?

Sorry if it sounds a bit weird and thank you all for your help

------------------

1. You have to hack into the consol and take down the system. If you have done this, wait until it shows up on the news.
2. Uhm, ill get back to you...
3. You might not of deleted them fast enough. What version log deleter are you using? Everything under v.4 can be undeleted. Also, when you are disavowed, log onto your char. and it will show your usr data, including your cash value, lives ruined, who traced you, etc etc.
4. I dont think you can, considering that from a seperate usr. I cant even hack into my other guys bank to get myself some funds.

------------------
Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordian.
"You're dumb." -Rawzer to whitedevil and whitedevil2

Thanks very much. I am using Log Deleter 5 and I should have done it fast enough and correctly because my uplink rating has been incresing after every theft i made. So this is why I believe it has to do with the fricken Eclipse hack I made. But anyway other thoughts alweays welcome ...

------------------

I just followed your suggestion and checked my disavowed charachters stats and yeap sure enough it was my hack into the eclipse LAN that I hacked and then admin show me. Any way of finding and killing the logs in a LAN??? or am I dead for good THX

------------------

Log deleter 5?? My Uplink only has it going up to 4...

Anyway, I never have done the LAN missions for some strange reason, so I dont think I can help you there...I'm not sure but maybe if you were to self destruct your Gateway...(I have no clue if that would prevent you from being disavowed, so wait for mrxak or Jericon before you do that)

------------------

Once your player is gone, the usr file turns into a tiny file, deleting everything but your score. Also, you are the only person in the Uplink Bank.

------------------
Trust is a weakness.

Originally posted by grunadulater:
**Once your player is gone, the usr file turns into a tiny file, deleting everything but your score. Also, you are the only person in the Uplink Bank.

I assume he has backup urs's, and I wasnt trying to hack my uplink bank from my other usr, I was doing it from one of the major companies.

------------------

As for the Mainframe access you will need to make the bounce just before the mainframe a system of the same company.

Users are totally seperate and so there is no way to interact with other accounts.

Being kicked from a LAN (which is what I assume you are talking about) will not get you disavowed (assuming you delete your InterNIC logs after you are kicked off). There is no need to delete the logs on the LAN itself. The LANs have three (3) traces, the normal active and passive traces (which will get you disavowed if they get you) then they have a LAN trace which traces you from the router to your location on the LAN. This is not a fatal trace, all it will do is kick you off the LAN.

As for blowing up your gateway, it will only work if done when the motion sensor shows the Feds are near the gateway, otherwise you can still be traced. 🙂

------------------
(url="http://"http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com")The Uplink Directory(/url)