Registration Process

Registering Uplink is quite difficult for me... I tried registering online, but my card was denied. I tried registering through eMail, but it's $29.99 instead of $25.00.

What's going on with this?

(edit) Maybe it's because I don't know what the Verification Number is... It says it's on the back of the Visa card. So I looked at the part where I signed my name. It has the card number and then three more numbers after that. I entered that number. Didn't work. I entered the last four numbers of the card number. Didn't work... (/edit)

------------------
Keep what ye c'n git, an' keep what ye ha'e, for that is the wey t' gettin' rich - Old Scottish Commoner Saying - "Mac users are loyal. PC users are stubborn

You're not the only one that had trouble. It took me about five tries. The trick was to EXACTLY copy the credit card number. I.E. there is always a space after four digits (I, dumb American male, just typed it as one long number)... Try that.... It worked for me 🙂

Good luck!

------------------

Is =that= what the hold up is.

I wish it had told me there was a problem, I've been waiting for a confirmation or something since this morning. (Not too horrible a wait, I was at work for most of it <g> )

So now ... do I order it again?

------------------
r

Originally posted by Ricia:
**So now ... do I order it again?

No! Do not order it again unless you wish to be another $25 poorer.

I found the problem...

------------------
Keep what ye c'n git, an' keep what ye ha'e, for that is the wey t' gettin' rich - Old Scottish Commoner Saying - "Mac users are loyal. PC users are stubborn

Originally posted by The Space Between:
Registering Uplink is quite difficult for me... I tried registering online, but my card was denied. I tried registering through eMail, but it's $29.99 instead of $25.00.

The correct price is $25.00 -- the Registration application has the incorrect price in it.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set...

ok, I'll sit tight. I sent them an email about it.

------------------
r

It is not necessary to enter the spaces in the credit card number. However it is necessary to enter your Security Code correctly.

The back of your card normally has the last 4 digits of your credit card company and then 3 more digits. It is these 3 digits, and these alone that are your security code. This is becoming a standard for online stores and increases the security for our customers.

If your order was successful, you should receive your license codes within minutes. If you do not, or you have any other problems with the store email sales@ambrosiasw.com.

------------------
Tom Anthony / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Yes, i entered just the 3. the other 4 were the same as the last 4 of the actual card number, so it wasn't hard to figure out not to include them (given that the popup said there would be 3).

I've done this successfully before (Paypal, I think), so I don't know what the problem is here. <pout>

------------------
r

And I got a nice email back (after hours and everything!). Turns out they never got the order.

I now suspect I didn't click through enough submit buttons.

Wow, and when they said I'd have the licensing info "within minutes" they weren't kidding!

Got it back before I could finish typing this.

YeeeeeHawwwww.

------------------
r

Originally posted by Ricia:
**And I got a nice email back (after hours and everything!). Turns out they never got the order.

I now suspect I didn't click through enough submit buttons.

Wow, and when they said I'd have the licensing info "within minutes" they weren't kidding!

Got it back before I could finish typing this.

I tried to make it clear when the order was not yet submitted -- and when it was. Suggestions for improvements are welcome. 🙂

Glad you got everything sorted ok!

------------------
Tom Anthony / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Hey TomWoozle, I tried to register Uplink at least fifteen minutes ago using the registration program included with the d/l. It never asked for a security code and it acted like it accepted the card. I think I may have entered my e-mail address incorectly, but other than that I can't figure out why I haven't received the registration code yet. My e-mail address is robinsage@earthlink.net.

------------------

Originally posted by TomWoozle:
**I tried to make it clear when the order was not yet submitted -- and when it was. Suggestions for improvements are welcome.:)

Glad you got everything sorted ok!

I don't know if you have it or not but something that says processing your credit card would probably be good to have. I don't remember the store having that. Two, making a big thing that goes "CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED" and something along the lines of codes are being transmitted to the email provided, If you have any question please contact help@ambrosiasw.com or 1-800-22-Hector. If not accepted, Credit denied, Please try again or contact either help@ambrosiasw.com or 1-800-22-Hector.

------------------
2 Wrongs don't make a right but 3 simple negative words can change your life forever... "No, Don't Stop"
(url="http://"http://home.mindspring.com/~rabbit994/pcnova.html")Number of dumbasses(/url)

This is turing out to be a help topic, maybe it should be in help on the way?

------------------
Checkout the (url="http://"http://www.macgamer.net")MacGamer.net(/url) (url="http://"http://www.macgamer.net/forums/index.php")Discussion Board(/url) and indulge in intriguing, informative, and interesting debates.

Originally posted by Taylor:
**This is turing out to be a help topic, maybe it should be in help on the way?

It's been a help topic from the beginning. It was Uplink related. Now, it's just a jumbled dump of help. 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by TomWoozle:
The back of your card normally has the last 4 digits of your credit card company and then 3 more digits. It is these 3 digits, and these alone that are your security code. This is becoming a standard for online stores and increases the security for our customers.

This threw me off for a bit when I registered. On the card I used, there were more numbers on the back than the security code, and the security code was not marked as anything special, it was just another couple of numbers...

Maybe you could make it clearer in the "what's this?" popup box where this number can be found?

'glove

------------------
Compilers - the ultimate god games.
(edit) I wish there was a preview feature on this board. (/edit)

I used the registration program that came with the d/l to register Uplink, and it never asked for a security code, am I missing something?-
Hacker X

------------------

Originally posted by The Space Between:
**No! Do not order it again unless you wish to be another $25 poorer.

I found the problem...

If you found the problem why don't you enlighten us all with what it is and how to fix it?-
Hacker X

Originally posted by Hacker X:
If you found the problem why don't you enlighten us all with what it is and how to fix it?-
Hacker X

Because, really, there was no problem. It was a faulty error on my part.

------------------