This game is fun

Well Voo, I DO play Halo 2, and I'll lay the beatdown on you in THAT as WELL as Avara. 🙂

try 70.66.236.176

add it to your "hotlist" and try it anytime your checkin tracker

Sphinx is easy kills. You want tough? Try beating me.

Yes, me. I may not have four years of experience to speak of...but I'll pwn you. I saw that server up and I wanted to join but I had some stuff I had to take care of. Schedule a game and I'll be there, unless I have homework to do 😞

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 22 February 2006 - 06:50 PM

F. Yu, on Feb 16 2006, 10:42 PM, said:

A visit from the old school. I don't mean Sphinx, hell, I was kicking his ass
back when he was a newb not named "Sphinx". I don't mean Uno or KeeL,
I don't even mean Malkavian, who I suppose I could try to get online here
again.

I mean me.

You want some?
View Post

C'mon, F.Yu. Bring it on. I'm free all weekend. 🙂

Gimli, on Feb 18 2006, 10:28 AM, said:

C'mon, F.Yu. Bring it on. I'm free all weekend. 🙂
View Post

Don't make me come in there. You'll be sorry.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............

Katana !!!, on Feb 17 2006, 06:04 PM, said:

Sphinx is easy kills. You want tough? Try beating us newer Avara players.

Sure, we may not have four years of experience to speak of...but we'll pwn your @$$. I saw that server up and I wanted to join but I had some stuff I had to take care of. Schedule a game and I'll be there, unless I have homework to do.
View Post

... :laugh:

<post deleted>

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 02 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

Katana !!!, on Feb 20 2006, 08:17 AM, said:

Do not laugh. You think you're too good to battle? I can beat Sphinx easily, with no trouble at all. I assume you are more difficult to kill? Maybe not.

Heh...I'd like to see that happen. While it is true that Katana's won before, "easily" is a bit of an exaggeration.

(rest of the post)

I'd agree.

One thing I noticed on the side, Katana...

Sphinx is easy kills. You want tough? Try beating me.

Naturally, I noticed you changed this. Getting a bit egotistical, are we?

-§torm

Heh. Just joining the trash talk a little bit. And saying "the newer players of Avara" sounded kinda clumsy and lame. It was still pointless, simple, bragging, no matter what I said.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 20 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

Scared away? Oh, no no, no, no, no. I'm just going to practice a little more.

The part you missed is that Gimli, F. Yu, and myself used to whoop up on each other on a daily basis.

Katana's response is kind of like a bunch of retirees meeting at a bar and joking to each other how "I could kick your ass", and then having some 20 year old rush up and brag about how he could beat them all up.

Although given some time and effort to shake their rust, I'd put money on F. Yu or Gimli over the new generation. Bear in mind though, I am a bit biased.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............

i agree with dv on the whole 🙂

Also, katana, im pretty sure francis was laughing at the remark of "as long as i dont have any homework to do", as i did after i read that post.

I remember playing F. Yu, and while he probably doesnt remember me, i sure remember the humble ass-kicking i recieved. It wasn't a blow to my "honor" or anything, if there is such a thing while playing an internet game, it was fun.

btw grayshirt, getting beat repeatedly is practice, believe it or not. I just had you in my server.. and tried to be easy on you.. but i guess not easy enough to keep you playing. I hope to see you again though!

The part the newbies miss is that they are veterans... at least at first. They are but text on the screen... and very annoying text at that, at least at first glance.

doesn't avara blow on Classic though?

The most recent version shouldn't.

Heheh. Sorry about that.

The retirees at the bar compared to the 20 year old would be accurate...

I got to play Gimli. That was fun. We totally pwned Croc and Apple Core 3-0. And I had the highest accuracy! Now let's get another brag page!

My problem with this game is that I'm more of a sneak-up-on-your-opponent-and-shoot-him-in-the-head, sorta guy. Oh well. The more I get beat on, the better I get, right?

Katana !!!, on Feb 20 2006, 06:17 AM, said:

Do not laugh. You think you're too good to battle? I can beat Sphinx easily, with no trouble at all. I assume you are more difficult to kill? Maybe not.

Wow. I can't help but notice. You "leet" old schoolers sure are jerks. KeeL was much less full of himself. The way you treat "noobs" and your general "I'm leet, you suck" behavior aptly describes why so many people left Avara. Now we can see this--in action. It's all explained.

Trash talking isn't the only problem, that's harmless--I challenged you to a match and you responded by laughing at me. Why are you laughing? Is it 'cause you're too much of an elite snob to respond to my challenge? Is it 'cause you're afraid of getting pwned? I hate people like you. Oh well <_<

... snip snip ...

Even though you make good practice, I would insist that you go away and leave here. Find some other game to annoy people in. I know I can't make you leave but it annoys me that here is yet another person who leaves Avara because of "leet" doofuses. You obviously don't care about the state of Avara, which is getting worse by the minute. It's dying, and you're helping it die. Thanks.

P.S. If anyone is reading this, I have a server up right now to do battle in. Look it up on the tracker, connect, and prepare to die.
View Post

Katana, I don't know who you are, but I wouldn't go around assuming who I could or could not beat. Your attitude is the problem here, not mine. I have been playing Avara since Sept 1996 and the people who have played me (which, by the way, outnumber the ones you've played by a factor of a hundred or more, probably) will tell you that I'm the friendliest guy around, with minimal ego-issues. I don't know what your issues are, but apparently they can be triggered with minimal trash-talking that wasn't even personally directed at you. I was speaking to the players I actually know (say, Voo). You, unless you're someone from the past disguised as a newb, I don't know.

The LOL emoticon was in response to your boast that you could "pwn" a certain body part of mine. Maybe you can, probably not.

As to the "leet" attitudes in Avara, they are nothing compared to what I find in other games, such as Halo 2. For one thing, you never hear the annoyingly squeaky voices of pre-pubescent boys as they trash-talk you while teabagging your head. In any case, I have always been welcoming towards newbs in my server, and I hope you are too.

I do care about Avara, and I miss playing it every now and then. I was the last old school AA player playing the game and the only reason I stopped was the poor support lent to OS X.

So, you want a piece of me Katana? Wait, and you may get it...

He is somebody from a while ago with a new name. How far back, I can't say.

I just know that his levels tended to lend themselves strongly to spawnkilling.

F. Yu, on Feb 22 2006, 01:28 PM, said:

Katana, I don't know who you are, but I wouldn't go around assuming who I could or could not beat. Your attitude is the problem here, not mine. I have been playing Avara since Sept 1996 and the people who have played me (which, by the way, outnumber the ones you've played by a factor of a hundred or more, probably) will tell you that I'm the friendliest guy around, with minimal ego-issues. I don't know what your issues are, but apparently they can be triggered with minimal trash-talking that wasn't even personally directed at you. I was speaking to the players I actually know (say, Voo). You, unless you're someone from the past disguised as a newb, I don't know.

The LOL emoticon was in response to your boast that you could "pwn" a certain body part of mine. Maybe you can, probably not.

As to the "leet" attitudes in Avara, they are nothing compared to what I find in other games, such as Halo 2. For one thing, you never hear the annoyingly squeaky voices of pre-pubescent boys as they trash-talk you while teabagging your head. In any case, I have always been welcoming towards newbs in my server, and I hope you are too.

I do care about Avara, and I miss playing it every now and then. I was the last old school AA player playing the game and the only reason I stopped was the poor support lent to OS X.

So, you want a piece of me Katana? Wait, and you may get it...
View Post

I want to watch that battle >:)

I agree with you about Halo even though I've never played online, my friends have stories 🙂