i kinda want to play avara

oh where, oh where, has my tracker gone

i was really excited when i got broadband internet, because, i would be able to play 6 player symbioooosissss games!! on AVARA!!!!

but with the tracker being up, and down, and up, and down,

i cant even set up a server and leave it there, to wait for the occasional player....

I wonder if anyone even reads this forum anymore!
theres some kind of view new post feature...
Where are the Avara players?

Is there a way to setup a new tracker? Is it just a script on some basement server at ambrosia? am i digging something up that i dont want to get into? im sure theres been some attempt to get tracker code released.
but would that get more players to come? probably not.

Ill just do this. An open invitation. I want to play again. I havent in a loong time, and its time to shake the dust off of the old HECKTORR. I'm setting up a server at andyh.ath.cx. just type it into the address box. I'll advertise on the tracker too, but that doesnt seem to be working so... ill be waiting!

email: andy (dot) halstead (at) gmail (dot) com
mail me if you want to schedule some plaay-time---thats the only way to get a game set up hardly anymore, it seems like, is to schedule them ahead of time. GONE ARE THE SPONTANEOUS GAMES OF AVARA!!!!

love, croc.

In place of "tracker.avara.com" in the tracker client, put 67.137.207.37.

This post has been edited by The Apple Cřre : 28 January 2006 - 03:04 PM

ah yes! very good!

but why is it like this? why must the user use the ip address?

In my case, it had to do with using a domain name lookup-challenged version of system 7.5.

Where are the Avara players?

We moved to the Avara Guild, at this link.

Some of us can also be found in the IRC channel #avara, at irc.ambrosia.net.

Don't expose the hidden rebel base and all within it.

What's so "hidden" and "rebel" about it, silly cow?

-Bob

Don't expose the hidden rebel base and all within it.

I thought we'd already decided to try and get people from the ASW boards onto the Guild in this topic.

Oh, yeah...

goes off to edit sig