New level designs?

You could go on my server (which is currently up) and practice a bit. I'm rather rusty these days, although I'm getting a bit better...well, I hope I am, anyway.

-Consul Bob/§carlet §torm

The Apple Cřre, on Feb 24 2005, 11:53 AM, said:

Can we PLEASE shuffle the list?
View Post

Sure, whatever. I suppose I'll randomize it.

By the by, I haven't gotten any work done on this project ( very unfortunately), so you'll all just have to be patient for the time being. Flame away.

OK, I can shoot straight enough now to handle §carlet §torm about half the time. Maybe I will be able to do something right after all.
Note: keep the polygon count relatively low. Between networking and similar, my machine has gotten occasionally choppy with some levels. Dropping the polygon count makes life easier when editing objects anyway.

In the interest of making it fair, perhaps we could go FFA for the first couple of rounds and pick teams based on kill counts?

Less than a week before this post, we filled an Avara game with six players. Avara isn't dead, and won't be so long as I don't turn my 6500 into a "secret weapon" for LAN parties.

I haven't gotten any (meaningful) work done on my project either. Don't feel bad.

Sorry to gravedig, but I have traded PMs with Consul Bob and I don't think he's going to play. We need a backup.

I'll ask all the Mac users I know. (That's about 5, but maybe I'll get lucky.)

Maybe I'll see I can get more than one computer in my network onto the same Avara server. Either that, or I'll take my PB down to the Mocha House and have someone at my house on my computer. Or maybe I could ask Robin Hood to play. Well, whatever.

Bah, don't just go off and dismiss me yet. It's this connection...I'm going to have to find a way to fix it for stuff. If it's possible for me to be there, I will be...although Q-Lok seems to have disappeared. 😕

-§carlet §torm

Naw, I'm still here. I just have been so busy with other projects that I have had no time for Avara. I think we just might have to scrap the idea of my design. However, we can still schedule a game. What times work for everyone? I'd prefer something around 3-4:00 PM GMT-8 on weekdays; that would work best for me. However, I could do it some other time. What works for everyone?

By the way, Katana is also working on his own level set, so we will still have something new to play on if we organize a game.

This post has been edited by Robert Marlin : 08 May 2005 - 11:41 AM

Robert Marlin, on May 8 2005, 10:41 AM, said:

By the way, Katana is also working on his own level set, so we will still have something new to play on if we organize a game.
View Post

Heh, yeah. I saw it, and it looks good.

If I get access to my old stuff, I'll continue my project.

-§carlet §torm

Hello everyone. I don't know how many of you know me, but I saw you talking (recently) about this new level design and testing levels. I'd be glad to help with anyone's testing, but I've never scripted a level so don't ask me to script anything.

btw, this is the first time I've used this forum so if anything looks crazy, you'll know why.

-Y

Yes, I am working on a level set. I am honored to be mentioned 🙂 . However, there is the matter of scripting. In short, I need help. I intend to make at least one KOTH level and at least one control point level in my set.

P.S. I don't mean to hijack your thread Q-Lok, it's just that I need help with scripting, and you aren't making levels anymore.

Hey, I don't mind! It means that Avara is still alive! (Woohoo!!) Anyways, we'll try to help any way we can. Right, guys?

Also, I need to know how many levels should be in this "set" of mine. §carlet §wordfish says nine. I was thinking thirty or so, which is unrealistic. Maybe we all could do a group set of sorts?

If I can ever figure out how to get Avara to work (this router needs to die), and can retrieve my old levels and tools, I'll create a set. If Swordfish can start making levels, perhaps we (all three of us) can make nine levels each and compile them into a set called "Triad".

-Bob

Sounds cool. Yesterday, I played six player games of TI on my server. It was awesome. I'm making at least two killfests in my level set.

I have a level set I started putting together ages ago but didn't finish. I'd entertain the thought of finishing what level ideas I had (with help for KOTH scripting! I've gotten everything but that to work...) and contributing them to a set now that it's summer. And speaking of summer... around what time are people most likely to be playing? 🙂

rebelswin_85, on May 27 2005, 08:26 PM, said:

I have a level set I started putting together ages ago but didn't finish. I'd entertain the thought of finishing what level ideas I had (with help for KOTH scripting! I've gotten everything but that to work...) and contributing them to a set now that it's summer. And speaking of summer... around what time are people most likely to be playing? 🙂
View Post

Bleh... It's not summer for me. I still got like 2 weeks of school left <_< But, anywho, I'm available to play around 4-10pm MTZ. I'll also be happy to help test any of your level sets, too.

This post has been edited by Ymihere : 27 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

Umm... you better scratch me from the list, unless you want me there with my LC III-thought not. My 6500 bit the dust a short while ago.

starts looking for new Mac in hopes of getting back on the list

Hey! There are old powerbooks available for like $100. Don't leave Avara!

I wish I had $100 😞

Meh, I think I'm either going to call this set "Moribund" or "Thallium". I'm thinking of starting another bold project called "AA Roots" which will be a tribute to the AA. Not that they deserve one.

I guess I could always install Basilisk and pull the ROM from my Centris. Oh, joy... system 7.5.