Moderator Elections

Taz is a controlling, arrogant, unreasonable, snotty bully, who should be banished from the Avara community. It's time some people finally are tired of being opressed, tired of being pushed around by this monster. Really, he's a control freak, a power mad, egotistic, evil man. Or is he a woman? The point is, he doesn't deserve to be moderator. Look at this, he ruins our poll for no apparent reason. Simply put, he deserves to be exiled.

Great job preserving Avara, Taz.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 21 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

... and I seem to have been elected. Who wants to tell Tripps?

Elected? Hardly. This was a poll. And let's not forget the 400 votes in favor of "They aren't worthy". We can't disregard that 😄

I wonder who did vote for Apple Core, though. Hmmmm, maybe he double-voted for himself? 😉

It was a poll; the opinions of the voters has nothing to do with what actually happens.

-§torm

I think it was Q-Lok.

Even though I have not played Avara, nor have I been a part of this board, I would vote for Apple Cřre but for the tampered results. 400 for nobody? There aren't even that many 'views' on this poll (about 200 right now). If I were to accuse someone of this fault, I would choose Taz because of his renowned misconduct (see above), but I can't because I have no proof. The vote count is overly suspicious especially because it is an even multiple of 100.

Taz altered the poll. Why would you vote for AC? Need reasons.

Hmm.

Q-Lok may or may not have been banned. He hasn't posted here for a while.

He also hasn't responded to PMs on the other board, so maybe he's just out of touch with the 'net for some other reason.

P.S. Who else said "None"?

This post has been edited by The Apple Cřre : 22 July 2005 - 01:57 PM

Reasons for The Apple Cřre:

He comes across as a nice guy. He doesn't get out of line. He doesn't insult people. He seems to know what he's talking about. He uses complete and grammatically correct sentences and spells correctly (at least most of the time), so he has a good knowledge of the English Language, and he uses it in a mature manner. I have seen him a lot on the boards, so that proves that he is here quite a bit and is aware of a lot of what goes on around here. I haven't bumped into any of the other candidates nearly as much (if at all) as I have The Apple Cřre.

Quote: "PMs"

--At first I thought you meant "Post Mortems"...

EDIT: I have voted.

This post has been edited by barth : 22 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, Q-Lok is off the net for the rest of this week for some...thing. If he doesn't post by next week we can safely say he was banned

Q-Lok was not banned.

OK then. votes

barth, on Jul 22 2005, 02:09 PM, said:

Reasons for The Apple Cřre:

He comes across as a nice guy. He doesn't get out of line. He doesn't insult people. He seems to know what he's talking about. He uses complete and grammatically correct sentences and spells correctly (at least most of the time), so he has a good knowledge of the English Language, and he uses it in a mature manner. I have seen him a lot on the boards, so that proves that he is here quite a bit and is aware of a lot of what goes on around here. I haven't bumped into any of the other candidates nearly as much (if at all) as I have The Apple Cřre.
Quote: "PMs"

--At first I thought you meant "Post Mortems"...
EDIT: I have voted.
View Post

Well, it would depend on what the line would be. Insults need not be considered a reason against someone, if they're capable of the job, provided that they generally avoid attacking their allies.

I use such sentences on a regular basis, as do many others. Now, as for mature... 😉

I've been around the boards for years, ever since '99 or so, I'd guess, as a lurker. I'm still quite active around the community, I merely don't post all that much.

Anyhow, I consider myself to be a fairly reliable candidate for multiple reasons. Not that it matters at the moment.

-§torm/Bob

§torm definitely is a possibility.

And, Barth, I'm not sure there are 400 (or 401... has Taz been busy again?) Avara players on this board. Then again, I could be wrong.

Reasons for me:
I can say without a doubt that I'm the most active on this board.
I play Avara.
I play Avara a lot.
I make levels.
Did I mention I play Avara?

You had all best act responsibly here, or actions will be taken

All bark and no bite...

responsibly

Oh wait. We are acting responsibly. It is true that I said something mean of you.

or is he a girl?

However, I was provoked. We are Stating our opinions in a calmly manner. You, however, are not acting responsibly--you ruined our poll. You exploit your position of power in an immature way.
Sigh this has all been said before. I may be different than my predecessor (Edgar), but my outcome could be the same.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 22 July 2005 - 11:37 PM

How is Edgar your predecessor?

He acts rude to Taz. I compare our zealous, hopeless effort to his, because it seems like we'll never win. Heh...I'm listening to Ray Charles singing with Elton John..."it's sad, so sad...it's a sad, sad situation...and it's getting more absurd". It perfectly describes whats happening right now.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 23 July 2005 - 12:15 PM

Oof. You guys have no idea how hard it is to post on here when you're at a week-long youth activity.

Yes, I did vote for Cřre. My reasons: He acts responsibly and maturely in all of his postings (well, almost all), he always posts in good grammar, he's been around the block a few times at ASW, and I don't want to have another web board resting on my own shoulders. So, I vote Cřre.

I wasn't banned, but Tripps did shoot down my attempt to get rid of Taz. Katana already knows about it.

Yeah. I wonder why. I just realized it may be possible my whining isn't helping.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 23 July 2005 - 09:23 PM