Reply from CaptainTripps

Not good

Grrr... Katana, we seem to have a problem. I sent the message at the bottom to Captaintripps, and this was his response. This does not inspire confidence in the super mods.

Message Forwarded From Captaintripps
Hello, Q-Lok!
I am entirely unfamiliar with this situation. I've taken a look at the linked-to topic and others made over the past couple of months.
To be honest, I must be missing something. What is described below is not what I see in Taz!'s posting history. I'll keep an eye on the situation, but what has been shown to me and what I've found on my own don't seem to present the picture of a "total jerk" or "misused moderator powers."
I would suggest that making a topic about replacing a moderator is not the best way to get a good reaction. While I'd probably ignore such a topic about myself, I certainly wouldn't greet it happily.
I know things get hot on web boards, especially when it's a game one really enjoys, but I wouldn't make a mountain out of what appears to be a molehill. Feel free to contact me at any time and thanks again for bringing this to my attention.
--Tripps

At present, I and my Avara-playing companions have something of a predicament. The moderator assigned to the board, Taz, has been acting, to put it perfectly frankly, like a total jerk. In his recent absence, the frequenters of the Avara board have created and voted in a poll for a new mod. However, this has met with some slight problems, as Taz seems to have returned for the sole purpose of insulting our intelligence and putting down all players of Avara-- a game that he is supposed to play and love, as a moderator of its board. I believe that my case speaks for itself, once one reads http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96977)"Moderator Elections"(/url). The Avarans plead with you and the administrative staff to be fair and remove Taz from his misused moderator powers.
Many thanks,
Q-Lok

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reply from CaptainTripps is obviously not a good response.

Rant by Katana:

Like you said, isn't a moderator of a game forum supposed to love the game? Does he take joy in insulting our intelligence and putting down all Avara players who do not agree with his twisted agenda? Does he take joy in advertising other games on said "Avara" forum? I think this definitely constitutes a new moderator. What Taz has done cannot be justified by any means. I for one didn't expect CaptainTripps to care--only someone who loves Avara and would make personal sacrifices to help the game along could understand. CaptainTripps is the moderator of another forum/s and could care less about what happens to Avara. The administration doesn't give a crap, why should they? They don't care about Avara, and Taz is supplying what they believe to be sufficient moderation of the forums. Taz is good friends with Andrew and staff, and things aren't going to change unless Taz does something really stupid. He hasn't done anything that would call unwanted attention from someone in a higher position than him. Regardless of what anyone says, advertising another game on this forum, moderating the forum and not being an active member of the community, ruining our little poll, yelling at people to leave this game behind, banning and karma slapping everyone, deleting and I-Locking topics that could still have life in them, ignoring uploads, lots of other stupid stuff, and plain out acting like a jerk while moderating a forum is not okay. It's not okay with me, and it shouldn't be okay with you.
I have a question for you: if someone with lots of power/strength entered the town forum and started pushing other people around, would that be socially acceptable? It's the same situation here.

Katana !!!, on Jul 23 2005, 06:52 PM, said:

...banning and karma slapping everyone, deleting and I-Locking topics that could still have life in themView Post

When did he do any of that (besides to Edgar)?

A lot. Look back deep into the forums. He made a lot of false accusations and I don't feel a twinge of guilt in doing the same. He's like an extremist terrorist organization, he loves to be blamed for the problems, and he loves to make people feel like s###, loves to make people feel afraid. Powerful people like Taz are constantly afraid of losing their power. They will do everything they can to protect it, like a predator bird defending it's young. They will trample on others to feel safe and secure that their power is safe. Of course, they're completely delusional, you can't keep power for forever, it's gotta go sometime.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 23 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

If I'm going to be the extremist, I'll exaggerate my image until it is completely absurd. As long as it doesn't hurt the community.

I think it's going to hurt.

I'm honestly worried. I'd hate to see a nice guy like you become a crazed anarchist. I'm not saying you are, but you really start to sound like Edgar. That's a bad thing. I never had any sympathy for him, because he dug his own pit. When someone insults you, you don't insult them back, you ask them why. You calmly think things out and attempt to reason, and not act impulsively.

Just... calm down.

Alright. Actually this topic in particular deserves an ILock. End of conversation.

Gosh I did sound like a certain oldbie we know who faded into obscurity...