It's funny, the things you remember..

Not quite riding a bike.

Took a few hours out of the day today to hook up the old iMac and throw down in Claris Works 4. Didn't take long for me to pick things back up again. Anyway, we had a baby and here it is.

I'm actually fairly pleased with how this one turned out, it gave me a chance to rectify issues I've had with my own style. I ended up redoing the layout from scratch after an hour and a half or so; I tried getting experimental and it panned out in the most grotesque fashion imaginable.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I'd actually submit it here at Ambrosia's Avara site, but I doubt the moderators would put it up. They haven't put Cycle's submissions up for weeks.

Wow. I just realized you were Silverfox, the whole time you've been here I thought SFX meant sound effects. As for the level, it seems almost (sorry) Geezer-ish! Wow, weird how you become what you hate, huh? Well, I just mean the design is really simple, and there's lots of ammo. It's good though. I've yet to actually play it online, of course.

Wow. I just realized you were Silverfox, the whole time you've been here I thought SFX meant sound effects. As for the level, it seems almost (sorry) Geezer-ish! Wow, weird how you become what you hate, huh? Well, I just mean the design is really simple, and there's lots of ammo. It's good though. I've yet to actually play it online, of course.
EDIT: Sorry for the double post--Ambrosia's site messed up.
On Avaraline, there is a file called "first levelset buggy" or something like that. Please DELETE it. It's mine, and it's embarassing. Thank you. Colors in "Crescent" remind me of Noontide.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 18 July 2005 - 09:36 PM

Great level sfx! You still got it! I honestly don't see anything Geezerish about this level. Hope to see more work coming from you soon, SFX! It's great!

sfx, on Jul 18 2005, 01:40 PM, said:

(snip)
Anyway, let me know what you think. I'd actually submit it here at Ambrosia's Avara site, but I doubt the moderators would put it up. They haven't put Cycle's submissions up for weeks.

Hey Silverfox,

The reason no levels have been released is there is no one to test them and check for any "major" errors like those few other levels that cause trouble when loaded.

If someone I could trust would volunteer to do it, I could send them the levels to check and if they say they're ok, release them.

That's all it'll take gang. I'm willing to work with you - but you gotta meet me halfway.

Well, I'd be glad to test them and let you know. Truth is I think I've already played them all and found they worked fine, but I guess you're also interested in .sit extraction anomolies which I haven't really tested.

Taz, on Jul 20 2005, 02:24 AM, said:

(snip)
If someone I could trust would volunteer to do it...
View Post

Ye gods... Someone you trust?! You don't trust anyone, particularly if they want the best for Avara and its community. Doing so would make it so that you could not utterly destroy one of the best FPSs ever made without slightly more of a struggle! Do you honestly believe that just because you trust someone, everyone else will, too?

Hey, I'd be willing to test all levels, but I suppose you don't "trust" me. Like Q-Lok said, it's doubtful you trust anyone who actually cares about the state of Avara, one of the best FPSs ever, possibly the best game of all time.

Major bugs? It isn't necessary to look through the levelsets for "major bugs". Haven't you read the disclaimer?

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 21 July 2005 - 08:45 PM