Beta tester needed for new World

I am working on a new world and would like some help. Here's the story line: Ferazel and his Dad, "Baszel," own a factory where they make flying objects, like flying carpets. His Dad leaves a note that he's gone away to work on a big business deal. Ferezal deicdes he's been gone too long. He is met by surprise while he's in the factory gathering supplies for his trip to find his Dad.

I'm learnig Mascot and I would like beta testers. My email is camzy@goldensquare.net and I'll be back on the computer later this evening.:< )

------------------

Originally posted by zamzx zik:
**I am working on a new world and would like some help. Here's the story line: Ferazel and his Dad, "Baszel," own a factory where they make flying objects, like flying carpets. His Dad leaves a note that he's gone away to work on a big business deal. Ferezal deicdes he's been gone too long. He is met by surprise while he's in the factory gathering supplies for his trip to find his Dad.

I'm learnig Mascot and I would like beta testers. My email is camzy@goldensquare.net and I'll be back on the computer later this evening.:< )

I'm always available for Beta testing. Just send it (compressed please!) to MonsterLady@Canada.com. However, there are better people to help you with Mascot. I won't name them because I'll miss someone and then there'll be hurt feelings!

------------------
"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way 'we' are." Anais Nin

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
I won't name them because I'll miss someone and then there'll be hurt feelings!

And I won't list them because then it would be obvious who sent the most cash. 😛

------------------
Microsoft:
"This place is evil, Timothy, but perhaps a necessary evil."
-- Neil Gaiman, "The Books of Magic"
One, Two, Three, (url="http://"http://source.bungie.org/")Pfhor(/url)

OK!

------------------

**I'm learnig Mascot and I would like beta testers. My email is camzy@goldensquare.net and I'll be back on the computer later this evening.: < )

I'll be happy to beta test for you. Don't worry about the Mascot problems - just post your questions and anyone will be only to glad to help you. Mascot will be a lot easier when PCheese comes up with the conversation editor. Meanwhile you might find (url="http://"http://www.enfield-uk.co.uk")CyberGran's webpage(/url) of some help.

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

There are two rules for ultimate success in life. (1) Never tell everything you know.

uh, you forgot to post your email address so I can send you my level.

------------------
thanks!

(This message has been edited by zamzx zik (edited 08-04-2002).)

I'd be happy to Beta test too! 😄

And to get a user's email, just click on the "email" links above the message.

Mine is mbiswas@mac.com, but that'll change due to .mac. :mad:

------------------
(url="http://"http://darkstorm.knkonline.net")Darkstorm Productions: (/url). Home of Ferazel's Wand: Orthographic Universe, MacBrickout: Pandemonium, and StarCraft-Battlefield: Sol | (url="http://"http://www.PetitionOnline.com/staredit/petition.html")Help Bring StarEdit, StarCraft's editor, to Mac OS X!(/url)
"The box said Windows 95 or better, so I bought a mac."

Thanks for sending me your game. Its looking very interesting but there are a few things that need clearing up before it becomes playable.
I tried to email you with some comments but the address you gave me came back unknown.

First and foremost the rounding off of the corners. The way you have it you have to be careful how you walk or you will fall through the floors. Whilst that may be a good way of hiding a trap it's not much good for general use. It's a fiddling job but it is essential to the game.

Another important job is to check the definitions of both foreground and background tiles. In the first level of the original game only water is used - and as a result only the water is correctly defined.

The value for water is 200, but the value for zeridium brine should be 203 and for acid 201

Defining the zeridium as 201 means that when you play the game it has a green tinge and is dangerous. Defining acid as 202 merely gives it a yellow tinge as that is the definition of lava.

In order to get this screen go to Tiles/define BG tiles.

There is also a problem with some of the sprites namely all the ropes except the classic and the chain, and the passageways over 5 spaces don't work properly.

Finally I would suggest that you don't make the first levels too hard because you have nothing left for the later ones if you do.

I hope this helps some.

------------------
Liz the Wiz 🙂

There are two rules for ultimate success in life. (1) Never tell everything you know.

(This message has been edited by lizwiz (edited 08-05-2002).)

Whenever I try to email you I get the message:-
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
camzy@goldensquare.net
Please send me an up to date email address so I can send direct. In the meantime:-

Buttons are used for opening rock barriers and for turning spin blocks on or off. To use the button open sprite edit and make a note of the sprite number. The first line of the sprit edit goes something like:
Sprite #nn of (total number of) sprites.
If you want to leave a button turned on after it has been pressed then you have to put (1) in info(0).
If you don't want to leave the button on you have to leave something around to hold it down (like a boulder).
Then open the edit sprite dialogue and enter the number of the button sprite (nn) into info (0). Now when the switch (nn) is pushed that rock barrier will open.

Spin block operate the other way round. They appear when the switch is on. If you want to block a passage, add a staircase or stepping stones or increase the size of a wall, then the thing to use is spin blocks the buttons work in the same way but the spin block info is different.
Open Sprite Edit:
Put (2) in info (0)
put (nn) in info (1) (where nn is the number of the button sprite)
put (1) in info (3)

The signs are fairly simple but slightly confusing at times. You need a STR# 500 resource called signs in your world data. You then type in your string into the resource eg:-

open STR#500 and you get a dialogue box as below:

Posted Image
When you want a new sign you go to Resource/Insert new field(s) and just carry on.

Then when you get back into Mascot you just put the number of the string you want to use into info(0) of the appropriate sign.

By the way STR#1000 makes the names for the levels appear on the map.

Bosses are a different matter altogether. I would recommend that you copy one of the original bosses and change bits rather than try to do one from start before you have had a chance to sort out how to do everything else. However the basic rules are that when you are fighting the boss character you can only move between the two points specified as (1) Boss Point in level info (15), and secondry boss point in Extra Level info (20).

Each individual boss has a different set of rules for layout etc.

Level 9 in 'The Return' is a Mandatraki Warrior boss. The level is 200 x 50 and the boss is in the bottom left hand corner. The actual dimensions of the boss are 52 x 25 allowing a small margin for error. Boulder No1 drops between tiles 23 & 24 from the left. No2 between 31 & 32, and no3 between 39 & 40 the boss activation point is (-1555) and the rock barrier is at hPos (380) It is important to make sure that Ferazel cannot cross that line (1555) except at the bottom when he is going into the boss. I think that it is tile 49 from the left but I made a cloumn about four tiles wide which went right up to the top of the level before I even started filling in the rest of the level.

Ferazel comes into the level top right. He wanders round a bit - gets messages, fights, flicks switches, un-flicks switches jumps up and down a bit and then gets to the boss.

After he has killed the Mandatraki Warrior he can then go into the rest of the level over the boss. It was really fun making that level.

Look at other people's bosses and it will give you an idea how to get yours working.
The Goblin Chief is fairly easy to deal with, and so is the Mandatraki Wizard (make sure you have platforms to jump on to), but the fire demons can cause a few problems and I haven't even tried to deal with Xicera yet. You'll have to ask Dr. Tall for that one.

Hope this helps!
Liz

PS What's your storyline? The name should reflect that!

------------------
Liz the Wiz 🙂

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

(This message has been edited by lizwiz (edited 08-08-2002).)

but i got your email!? :frown: 😕!? :eek:!?!? 😕!? :eek:?!?! :eek: ?! :eek:?! 😕!?

------------------

**but i got your email!?:frown: 😕!? :eek:!?!? 😕!? :eek:?!?! :eek: ?! :eek:?! 😕!?

Both of them? I sent the first one to the address you gave me and it came back. so I posted here - Later on I sent one to the Xsender which didn't come back so I guess that address worked

------------------
Liz the Wiz 🙂

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.