Networking Problems

Well, I got this new cable connection recently, and now Avara play is basically shot. It was bad enough with OS X, but now it doesn't work at all-Plastic Chicken and the other people on his server can testify.

The main problem is that I basically have no information on this-the firewall was taken down, and it still doesn't work. If a solution cannot be found (or if the other computer doesn't work), I'll basically have to quit playing for eternity.

Any idea as to what might be happening, even with the limited information?

-Bob

Consul Bob, on Apr 23 2005, 09:10 PM, said:

Well, I got this new cable connection recently, and now Avara play is basically shot. It was bad enough with OS X, but now it doesn't work at all-Plastic Chicken and the other people on his server can testify.

The main problem is that I basically have no information on this-the firewall was taken down, and it still doesn't work. If a solution cannot be found (or if the other computer doesn't work), I'll basically have to quit playing for eternity.

Any idea as to what might be happening, even with the limited information?

-Bob
View Post

Generally, the problem you were having has to do with firewalls. Make sure your firewall opens port 19567, or perhaps go DMZ.

Beyond that, you'll have to work things out on your own.

Well, it's only semi-related to the firewall. But as PC said, make sure the router has the specific port forewarded to your LAN-IP address. deependant on the router, either free the port to the network, ,or specify the computers IP that you want to play Avara on.