BZFLAG 2.0 released

Take a look

Been playing the latest release - and it's quite fun.
Take a look, and give it a try:

http://bzflag.org/

Release notes from their web board:

http://my.bzflag.org...opic.php?t=2669

And this is in "Avara Web Board"... why?

Go back and read any/all messages concerning the status of Avara.

Wait - I'll save you the trouble. Avara is dead. It will not be updated to function properly in OSX. It was a fantastic game in its day - but the sun has set on it.

BZFLAG may be an option for people who used to play Avara. It is not exactly Avara, and I don't claim it to be, but it has a number of similarities. Worlds you can create - along with much more modifications, teamplay, Multiplayer internet play, it has a community that rivals anything Avara had in its prime.

Have you looked at BZFLAG?

Mmph. >_> Whatever. No, I haven't looked at BZFlag. Thing is, I missed Avara's prime. I also missed Harry's prime, and EV's, and Override's, and pretty much all of Ambrosia's games since Nova, Coldstone and Pop-Pop. In fact, that's why I don't like most of the other games that show that much promise: they will undoubtedly flop, as most good games do (don't ask, I'm a complete cynic).

Q-Lok, on Feb 1 2005, 06:25 PM, said:

Thing is, I missed Avara's prime. I also missed Harry's prime, and EV's, and Override's, and pretty much all of Ambrosia's games since Nova, Coldstone and Pop-Pop.View Post

Yeah, that's pretty much the story of my life. I will check out BZFlag, though I am currently on a Marathon marathon. I'm not going to quit playing Avara, either.

-§wordfish

WHOA!!! You're Scarlet Swordfish?! Yoinks!

Anyhoo... I'm on a Game Boy Advance binge just now, so I'll have to get back to you guys about BZFlag.

Ah, Scarlet...not Crimson. That was it...§carlet Storm. Aye, that was a good name.

I will certainly take a look at this website.

Edit: Eh...OS X only...that's the story of my life.

This post has been edited by Consul Bob : 04 February 2005 - 02:14 AM

§torm... We used to be sparring partners for a while, but I haven't seen him for months. Anyone seen or talked to him lately?

-§wordfish

Certainly. I have seen §carlet §torm, for I am §carlet §torm. It has been a while...I got rather busy a while ago.

-Consul Bob/§carlet §torm

Sweet! I've got two of the famous Avara sparring partners to test my levels! (I feel special ^_^ )